6 month old, not eating much today, and won't nap unless I hold him...what in the world??

My baby..he's being something else today.
I'm in the process of weaning from the breast to bottle.He won't take more than a sip from the bottle all day today so of course, I offer him to nurse and he won't take that either. I've offered him solids..won't open his mouth. :(
Its after 3 in the afternoon here and he has been AWAKE since 7 this morning! Yeah..a 6 month old!! He has fallen asleep a couple times while I'm holding him but then I go to put him down he wakes screaming and won't go back to sleep!
He has no fever.He otherwise looks fine. He's not constipated.I just don't know what the heck could be wrong with the little man.
Think his teeth could be causing this?

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 3:07 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It could just be that he wants Mama. My 5 month old does that sometimes, but she is starting to teeth and giving her stuff to num on while holding her seems to help.
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 3:25 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Maybe he's teething, sometime teething can cause fever and lost appetite. Does he drool a lot? or making the chewing motion? Give something cold for him to chew on.
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 10:02 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• It could be teeth or ear. Do you have a wrap or carrier to wear him in while he sleeps?
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:18 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• sounds like mayb a gassy baby
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 11:23 PM on Apr. 16, 2011