What do you think of Jamie Oliver? Will you be watching?

girliemom0406

Asked by girliemom0406 at 3:13 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Entertainment

• I love Jamie Oliver, I saw a bit of his food revolution last season, and I think he's doing good things. I doubt I'll watch though, just don't have the time...and I get so annoyed at the people who don't want him around, I mean, wtf? How is it a bad thing to teach kids proper nutrition??
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:43 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I don't even know how that is so probably not. :/
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 3:15 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• who*
    Imogine

• Oh the food guy. Yeah I might watch.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 5:07 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• How is it a bad thing to teach kids proper nutrition??
    ====
    I think because not every child has a problem with obesity. I ate chips and junk growing up and I never got fat. I realy don't think we need to teach our children about nutrition, we should teach them about moderation. How much is too much and limiting yourself to how much junk you can eat and balance it with healthy food. Why eliminate it all together and be punished for it? I mean, I think it's fine for a kid to have a cookie every now and then, but don't label the parent the anti-christ of healthy nutrition because they give their child a cookie instead of an apple.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 5:10 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• And btw. I'm not denying the obesity problem. I am aware that there is one and I think Jamie Oliver is smart for getting information out there, but I think it's also important to teach kids about moderation more than nutrition.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 5:12 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• But isn't teaching moderation a form of teaching proper nutrition? I get what you are saying and agree, I am a full on moderation type mom, but after seeing his first show and getting more involved with other families as my kids grow and start making friends, etc. and going to my daughter's school, I clearly see that many many people think its just fine to send their small children to school with a coke and ring dings every day. I have also found that those most opposed to teaching nutrition, etc., are those that already do practice good nutrition/moderation. I always see posts like "no one is going to tell ME what to feed my kids, they eat quinoa and spinach all day every day" (exaggeration, lol, but you get the point) and I just don't see the reason to be against it. Its like saying you don't want the dentist to come and teach your kid good oral care because they already brush their teeth, why?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 7:39 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I get what you're saying. IT's crazy to think people don't want someone to teach our children how to eat healthier, and sorry to bring politics into this, but I think the only reason they have a problem with it is because it's the first lady starting this campaign for healthy-eating kids. IF it were someone else, no one woudl say a thing and would be more concerned about what our children were eating.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 8:59 PM on Apr. 15, 2011