What am i doing wrong???

I have changed my diet, eating habit, got more active, work out daily and still not loosing weight! went to dr, no thyroid problem or anything. whats going on? anyone have a diet and excercise plan that REALLY WORKS for you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• i went from 186-113lbs :) after having my last baby i wanted to go back to my pre pregnancy weight...so i started a zumba thing i found on youtube i do 30 mins to 1 hour daily its called the special k zumba!!! really works. when i first stared loosing weight i went for walks daily then went to the gym ect there would be times when i wouldnt lose or gain weight i would just get stuck at the weight i was at for about a week or 2 there is gonna be those lil speed bumps when u trying to lose weight but dont give up. good luck!!
    mommyof3_21

Answer by mommyof3_21 at 3:26 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• As a trainer for 15 years, although you think you are making great choices and being active that you may have tiny little tweaks that need to be made before you make changes. Just 2 weeks ago I had a client stuck and frustrated. We tweaked a few things in her exercise program and the food consumption and she has lost 6 lbs. You can do it, but journal your food and I would reccomend a heart rate monitor for caloric expenditure during workouts. You should burn a miniumum of 2500 calories according to ACSM.

Muscle does NOT weigh more than fat. 1 lb Muscle = 1 lb Fat. However, muscle is much more dense and you can fit a lot more muscle into one spot than you can fat. Example your hands are both the same size. If you make a fist with one hand and leave the other hand wide open. They are still the same size, but picture the fist as your muscle, less space.

Do not substitute my advice for the advice of your doctor.
    f1tmama

Answer by f1tmama at 3:35 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I'd avoid any diet soda or drink altogether....they contain artificial sweeteners which studies have shown can make you crave more sweets and ultimately consume more calories compared to those who don't drink it. Plus artificial sweeteners are excitotoxins and be the cause of many health problems and disease, including heart attack, stroke, seizures, parkinsons, alzheimers and more! Even drinks like crystal light....just avoid them!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:44 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Keep in mind that for the first 6 weeks or so, you are building muscle that is heavier than fat.

Make sure that you are eating every 3 hours or so...once that time elapses, your body goes into starvation mode and will store the fat that you eat.

I just bought the Firm Express 30 program. I am really liking it. I'm on week 2 and have lost 4 lbs. I weigh 149 lbs and am 5'4" if that helps.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:18 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I did all of that while under a doctor's care and gained weight, never cheated once. Keep in mind that "eating healthy" means different things for different body types. For me, "healthy" means I have to watch my carb intake, the less, the better. It not only keeps me thin but healthy (blood work/lab work shows it). I'm not diabetic or anything like that; read up on hyperinsulemia and the lo-carb lifestyle and see if it describes your situation.
    Anonymous

• Love Zumba! Zumba certified and a very FUN way to expend those calories!
    f1tmama

Answer by f1tmama at 3:40 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Write down everything you eat and drink! Even just the little bites here and there. You may be taking in more calories than you realize. Also be sure to measure out your food so you are not taking more than a serving size.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 3:44 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I thought I was doing it right, then I started measuring food and realized I was eating too much even if it were healthy. I tried changing when I eat my bigger meals too - I have a good breakfast, a good lunch and very light dinner. I also stopped drinking my calories with the exception of a 1/2 glass OJ (the small glass, so only about 4oz) and a cup of coffee in the morning. Other than that I drink water.
    Changing up my workout every so often makes a difference too
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 3:44 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• is diet dr pepper ok, it says 0 calories...
    i do zumba on wii is it as effective?
    Thank u all so much for your help!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:50 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I have been working out and watching my diet for almost 4 mos now. I have currently plateaued. I had to change up my routine and I added a Slimfast for dinner on the nights that I work (otherwise I come home and binge). I have also attempted the Zumba with my Wii and I can't keep up.
    coala

Answer by coala at 4:44 PM on Apr. 15, 2011