Constipation... adult content

I'm 13weeks and have had severe constipation this whole pregnancy. I though it was from taking Zofran in the beginning by I haven't taken it in over a month. I am very hydrated as I wake up at least 2-4 times every single night to pee. Is there anything I can try to help me go?

CrazyMommy87

Asked by CrazyMommy87 at 3:23 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I battle it every single day. Activia REALLY does work. Eat one every morning and after about 2 weeks you will poop every single day. Eat a prune or two as well every day - they have the lemon/orange essence prunes that are actually really tasty.
    Anonymous

• UP your fiber intake and take colace. It will help!
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:24 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Fiber. Lots of fiber!

And undiluted apple juice. And if you aren't avoiding caffeine then a good cup of coffee each morning.

I had issues w/ DD due to my prenatal. I added in extra oatmeal, apples with skin, etc. And a chewable fiber supplement. I *hate* the stuff you stir into liquid, though!
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 3:27 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I had the same problem for the first 3-4 months of my last pregnancy. It was awful. Nothing seemed to help me. I tried everything. Maybe you could try those Active Yogurts you see on tv
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 3:29 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• try drinking plain warm water that helps me
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 8:14 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I too have battle constipation this pregnancy. What has worked for me is, I bought high fiber cereal and try to eat a bowl everyday. As I have gotten further along the constipation got worse so I went and bought plums, strawberrys, and other fresh fruits and I eat some each day. On the days I don't eat a lot of fruit I bought fresh mixed veggies and eat those. (warning veggies give you gass).

If I eat either the cereal, fresh fruit, fresh veggies each day my bowels are soft and easy to pass. The dr. did tell me that stool softerns are safe, but I am not one to take meds if i don't have to.

Good Luck!!
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 9:01 PM on Apr. 17, 2011