Is the bed a place for moms to rest?

What do you do when you need a break or rest?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• depending, if the children are awake. I put in a movie and give them crayons and paper and relax on the couch. If they are in bed I take a long hot bath and lay in bed
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:26 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Sometimes I take a nap on my bed -- why not? We spent enough for the mattress! LOL Otherwise I have been known to settle down on the couch or recliner with my coffee and a book or magazine while the kids are awake and playing. I CAN'T sleep when they are awake, otherwise I will wake up to six times the work : ) but when they are napping, I definitely can take a nap if I need to! Bed, couch, wherever -- the important thing is: I'm getting my rest, and that makes me a happier, and therefore better, Mommy!
    Bethaleg

Answer by Bethaleg at 3:28 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I try to find the time to read and lose myself in a good book or mag. I read when the girls are in school or if they are home I find them something to do to get in my escape time. that is my way to rest and unwind.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 3:38 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• jugglingI really do close my eyes when I use the bathroom. Every moment counts some days. This is one of those days.

ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 3:46 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I usually go take a nice long candle lite bath (which doesn't happen very often), DH tries very hard to keep the kids downstairs so I can have some peace and quiet.
    sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 3:26 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Depends on how long I want to rest. If it's just for 30 minutes or so I'll relax in the recliner. Much longer than that I'm in bed.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:37 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• If it's naptime and I'm tired (and done cooking/cleaning) I will go head and get in the bed...if she's up I'll put the cartoons on for her and may still get in the bed but I'll stay up and read a book or something instead of going to sleep....I can just relax better when I'm in my room
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 3:47 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Definately the BED! its the only place from distraction.. i shut my door and turn a fan on to help with the noise... of course my kids are older and i can trust that they will be okay i need a nap!!! another form of resting believe it or not is a nice walk, it clears your head and give you time to think without any interruptions or distractions!!!
    solmenkoo3

Answer by solmenkoo3 at 4:02 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• go for a ride
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 8:04 PM on Apr. 15, 2011