Can this be a pregnacy symptom?

Okay so this is a kinda embarrasing question. Most women get constipated. Me?! NO! Im almost 20weeks pregnant and ive had non stop diarrhea since like week 13. Has anyone had this problem before. I mean its pretty bad. I cant even leave my house! Your answers are very much appreciated. My ob is sending me to a GI dr. but I dont go till the 18th.
Thanks~!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Hmmm - I don't rule anything out as a pregnancy symptom. I'm glad your OB is sending you somewhere to just have it checked out, though... and I'm glad you asked them first! Since that can be a preterm labor signal I'm glad it's been investigated from the OB angle first!
    AggieMamacita

Answer by AggieMamacita at 10:46 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I've heard of this being an issue for many women. The scary part is that it can cause dehydration. Good luck!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 10:51 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I don't know the answer but I am not constipated either. I am 40 weeks pregnant and still not constipated. So it's normal to not be!
    MamaKeetz

Answer by MamaKeetz at 11:25 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• IF you are eating different foods or more of one kind that will do it. I had that problem with vomiting for the first 4 1/2 months. Its okay
    LizWithAvon

Answer by LizWithAvon at 8:26 PM on Dec. 3, 2008