Do you wear a heart rate monitor during workouts? If yes, how many calories do you expend each week?

f1tmama

Asked by f1tmama at 3:39 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Yes I have one and my goal is to burn 500 cals a day. Some days I burn a little more some a little less but usually it works out to about 3000-3500 cals a week thru exercise.
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 6:22 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I used to, but it stopped working and I haven't gotten around to calling Garmin (it's my gps watch) to get it fixed. I miss it. I would guess I burn quite a bit as I've been training for a marathon and running 40+ miles weekly along with a couple spin classes, strength sessions and a swim if I can fit it in.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 3:50 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Funny how when you don't have it how your workouts just don't feel the same. Missing your workout buddy, Garmin! :)
    f1tmama

Comment by f1tmama (original poster) at 3:52 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I want a Garmin!
    I have one right now that's a Timex, and I burn about 1200 calories during a workout in general. That said, I'm significantly overweight, so my calorie burn will be higher than many others. So I burn about 6000 calories over the course of the week during workouts. I don't wear it all the time.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:36 PM on Apr. 15, 2011