How do you discipline your 2 year old in public?

Yes, I know about bringing snacks and toys, but sometimes that doesn't work. So when push comes to shove, how do you discipline. I have done time outs in the bathroom but it is so hard to trot them all the way across the store to have them sit on a dirty bathroom floor.

lvnmommyhood

Asked by lvnmommyhood at 12:05 PM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Time out right there, in the middle of the aisle.
    If it's really bad, then I take her home. It's just not worth the trouble.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:10 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• You don't have to go all the way to the bathroom. You can find a blank wall and have him/her stand with their face turned that way. And if you really want to make an impact on your child, you can tell them that if they keep up the behavior, then y'all will have to leave the store. And as inconvenient as it'll be, you should most definitely go through with that threat. Good luck!
    CreativeSpirit

Answer by CreativeSpirit at 12:10 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• My little girl just turned 3 in June and the other day she was throwing a huge fit while we had company, so I simply picked her up took her outside sat her on the trunk of my husbands car and told her calmly but in a very firm voice that she was going to sit there untill she stopped crying and that that was not exceptable behavior. She stopped crying and I took her inside and she sat quitely on he couch for the rest of the time. Part of the problem was she was tired. But That is the only suggestion I can give you. As far as being in the store I would say just walk a short distance from where you are and find a place to sit them. Hope this helps!!
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 12:10 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• One time my friends 2 year old was throwing a fit in Walmart, we were in the food isle. She simply told her Time Out, and had her sit on the Floor and we contiued shopping in THE SAME ISLE while she's in our site. She did not like this one bit and she stopped.
    Anonymous

• If it gets to the point that I would put them in time out, we leave the store.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 1:19 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I would have to go with the other girls right where you are, thats how a friend does it and she got it off Super Nanny.
    hollinicole

Answer by hollinicole at 2:02 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• My boys were very rambunctious toddlers! On more than one occasion I left full carts at Wal Mart. We just left. They had things they wanted in the cart, too. Their spurt of acting up in public ended after only a few times, though.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 6:20 PM on Jul. 10, 2008