How to travel on the bus with a 2 year old?

I'm planning on the greyhound bus to the big city every 2-3 months. I have my daughter who is 2 yrs old and would like to bring her to see her dad, my fiance. Is there any way to make the trip easier while traveling with her?

ChildGoddess

Asked by ChildGoddess at 3:49 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• Do you have a portable DVD player?
    Anonymous

• keep snacks on hand, little toys, books, things like you would just do on a regular car trip.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 6:08 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• My parents live 6 hours away. We try to visit often. My son, who is now 2, is getting more comfortable with it. He likes to read his books, take naps, play with his cars, tease his older sister who is 15, talk up a storm and tell us what he sees outside. I would steer away from toys that make noise on a grey hound bus though. Sure as milk is white, you'll get the nasty rider who can't stand kid noise.
    auntifrog

Answer by auntifrog at 1:44 AM on Apr. 16, 2011