What is the best laundry soap for newborns

So my son is in the NICU and i am trying to run around and get everything ready for when he is able to come home. What is the best kind of laundry soap to use for all of his bedding, clothes, ect.

michelle.coppes

Asked by michelle.coppes at 3:49 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Dreft, it's specifically for babies.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:50 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• hypoallergenic soaps
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:50 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• All Free & Clear, Tide Free & Clear, Dreft. Anything that is fragrance and dye free.

Now, if he doesn't have allergies, you can use any type of detergent.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:51 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Purex free and clear is dye and fragrance free. Great for little babies sensitive skin. My son is 10 weeks old and spent a week in NICU. I know the stress of it, so I feel for you, mama. I bet you are excited about him coming home soon. Good luck!
    wendydays

Answer by wendydays at 3:52 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I got dreft then realized (when my hubby did the laundry) that as long as your baby does not get a rash than any type is ok.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 4:02 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Sun free and clear is super cheap and it works very well for my DD who has eczema since she was born. Only place I can find it is at Big Lots. I would also invest in that brands oxygen cleaner (it works so much better than Oxy Clean).
    coala

Answer by coala at 4:25 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• NOT Dreft, and NOT Ivory Snow - those are the 2 harshest detergents on the market! I have a specific kind I like, but it's not commercially available, so I have to say anything free & clear - no scents, no dyes, etc. But please don't punish your newborn with dreft!
    Anonymous

• Don't bother with Dreft. It's a marketing thing; don't buy into it. We used Arm & Hammer for sensitive skin, no perfumes, no dyes.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 10:21 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I use All free and clear
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 2:41 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Dreft and Ivory always broke my babies out. I would try one of the pp ideas like All free, Tide free, My personal fav is Cheer free and gentle, but the only place I can find it is Target.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 10:57 AM on Apr. 16, 2011