Do YOU take naps?

I wish I could take a nap everyday but being the silly woman that I am, I wait until it's DD's naptime before I start cleaning up lol (biggest procrastinator in the world) and by the time I'm done DH is getting home, then well it's time to wake up DD lol.....

But sometimes I get my sh*t together and handle everything before I sit down to veg on CM and I'm able to take a nap when she does (ahhh the bliss)

So do YOU take naps? And when do you take them?

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 3:52 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I wish I could!! I've always been bad at taking naps, and rarely take them unless I'm sick or have a really bad migraine. When my son is napping, I either clean, meditate, read, watch tv, or mess around on CM or FB (usually a little of a few of those). My husband is one who can fall asleep within minutes, and I had an old college roommate who was awesome at taking power naps. I'm so jealous of them! LOL On the rare occasion that I do nap, I feel groggy and more tired. Needless to say, I was very sleep deprived for the first 6 months or so after my son was born, while my friends who are good nappers had an easier time in that regard. I do try to have some 'down' time or quiet time for myself each day though, and that helps--though sleep would be great.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 4:41 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I wish!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:52 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Right now yes. But I'm almost 37 weeks pregnant and not sleeping well at night. DH watches her while I nap.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 3:54 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• YES
    sendcheer

Answer by sendcheer at 3:54 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I take em when dd does
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 3:58 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• As often as possible.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:02 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• yes i do especially if i didnt sleep the night before my bf and i get off work 30 mins apart and he knows that if i didnt sleep the night before he will point blank tell me to go lay down for alittle bit bu i dont do it everyday
    goobersmom713

Answer by goobersmom713 at 4:14 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Yes. I take them when I get my 2 yo and 8 month olds down for their naps - generally they are asleep between at least 1 and 3, so I clean for 30-45 minutes and then lay down until my 2 yo wakes up or my 13 yo gets home from school at 3:20.

Answer by missanc at 4:18 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Almost everyday for the last 3 years. It is very rare for me to not take a nap.
    coala

Answer by coala at 4:22 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• i try to nap when my daughter and niece are napping but sometimes i just lay on the couch and enjoy the quiet lol
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 4:22 PM on Apr. 15, 2011