Has anyone married for life?

Just wondering if anyone has agreed not to get divorced with their spouse and not throw in the towel so easily? When my dh and I decided to get married we agreed that divorce is not an option. We would work out anything that comes our way, no matter what. We've been married almost 10 years, together 12 and best friends even longer.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• We married for life or we would not have married.
    Anonymous

• I thought I did but it turns out my husband is nothing but a selfish self centered bastard. He only cares about himself and expects our toddler children to act like 10 yr olds
    Anonymous

• Me and DH did the same thing...we both agreed that we wouldnt even BRING UP the possibility of divorce unless every other avenue had been explored, couples counseling, individual counesling, just get the hell over it lol....we are going to do everything physically and mentally possible to save our marriage no matter what the circumstance
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 4:04 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Yes. We will be celebrating our 10th year of being together this May and our 4th wedding anniversary this July. We actually made the real commitment to each other when we started dating so the wedding was more of a formality. Plus when we met we were too young to get married so we had to wait.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 4:05 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I married or life. We try to work hard to keep communicating and keep our relationship on the top of the priority list. I never wanted to go thru a divorce so I was VERY picky in the selection process. This makes it much easier because I found someone who has the same values and works well with me.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:06 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• yes, that what one of the things we said when we got married, there is no divorce, no back door out of this marriage. There is no leaving, no "separation" we are married and together and that is it.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 4:06 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Well, I think that the whole idea of being married is to be married for life and to work out difficulties as they come along but sometimes that's not possible. I personally have been married for 26 years so I guess that counts as "for life". My son however is in the middle of a separation and will be getting a divorce because his wife was abusive and no amount of counseling was able to change that. He tried to reconcile but after many conversations found that she was still the same controlling person who took no accountability for her actions and he realized that if they did get back together that he'd be right back in to being abused. He wanted to be married for life but he had to put his safety and well being first.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 4:07 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• No, we got married with the intention of getting divorced in 3 years ??????????
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 4:11 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• We did. It's kinda just an understanding that we are together till the end. We talk about it, and both agree, but it is just, known. Ya know? We have had some tough times, real tough times. But it didn't end in divorce, not even got to a separation. I had no where to go, I guess it was just meant to be that way.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 4:12 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• My hubby's parent and mine are both divorced and we never want our children to go throuh that so......we have to always make it work no matter what.......
    nykkybryches

Answer by nykkybryches at 4:20 PM on Apr. 15, 2011