Please explain

can anyone explain the whole charting thing to me in plain english!!! lol!!!!!

waitin4miracle

Asked by waitin4miracle at 4:06 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• iI have just started looking into it and from my understanding a thick clear/yellowish discharge that is really stretchy like the consistency of an egg white means ovulation, and your temp rises slightly more than normal around ovulation. Thats all I got lol
    Missalissa86

Answer by Missalissa86 at 5:48 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Go to Fertilityfriend.com they even have a tutorial to help you get started. It is free and helped me alot when I started this journey.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 7:57 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Read Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler and check out FertilityFriend.com for good pointers.

The basics: To chart basal body temp (BBT), take your temperature every morning, FIRST THING, before you even get out of bed, preferably at the same time every day. Keep track of your temp, and you'll see a pattern: starting the day after you ovulate and lasting until your next period starts, your temp will be higher (usually by about 0.5ยบ). This will tell you FOR SURE whether you are actually ovulating, when you ovulate, whether your luteal phase (when your temp is higher) is too short.
    To chart cervical mucus (CM), just check your discharge every day. Some women go in to get it, so to speak, while I just take note when I wipe. You'll have an abundance of CM, and it will be very stretchy (resembles egg whites) in the days leading up to ovulation, when you're most fertile.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:24 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• If you have any more specific questions, feel free to message me. I've been charting for years, so I know the ins and outs pretty well and will answer to the best of my ability. Good luck!
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:25 PM on Apr. 16, 2011