Just a tiny vent* im freaking out!!!!

ok so im home doing m y laundry and turn on channel 5 because i love the Maury show:)
well there's breaking news &guess what?my Kids school is on the news there on Lock down i don't really know why there on lock down though
all i know is that the schools phone line are busy ive called like a million times>:o!!!! im loosing my mind right now

vent over*

LABELmeCUTE

Asked by LABELmeCUTE at 4:21 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• Take a deep breathe and try to relax. Keep trying to call. Maybe even call the local news and explain your child goes to that school but you havent heard why it is on lock down and see if they know why
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:23 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• OMG! how scary, call the Police department and see if they can tell you anything, try to stay calm.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 4:23 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Does your school have the ohone system that calls with automated messages? Maybe they will call soon so dont tie up that phone line.

Can you call another parent and see if they know anything?
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:25 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• omg, I'd be feaking out too...I know it is hard, but try to stay calm. I'd call the police station and see if they can get you some answers if you can't get in touch with the school...GL
    sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 4:25 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• WOWZERS! How scary!! Yes, call the local PD, ask them. Shoot, google it...media and technology these days.

What school?
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 4:25 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• CALL LOCAL NEWS or police
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:26 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 4:27 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• go over there, call the police. OMG. What school??
    DawnLauren

Answer by DawnLauren at 4:27 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• EEK Very scary with that news clip

mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:28 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• You can also try calling your district office . . . they should know.

But, your local police non-emergency line should be able to instruct you, also.

If you are able to, and don't have any other kids to watch, you can always go to the site and ask enforcement there. I am sure there are a lot of parents there.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 4:28 PM on Apr. 15, 2011