A question

been married 13 yrs, me and my daughter does not have anything to do with my husbands family because of alot of issues that we have been deal with them . my husband said he respects us..now what if his family wants to take a family pic with all kids and family . do you think husband would be direspecting me if he with a head and took the family pic without us in it, wouldn't that show disrepect to me and his daughter saying hey well my wife and daughter doesn't want to be apart of family anymore so it is alright to take family pic without them, shouldn't he stand up to his mom and say hey i will not take pic like that because my wife and daughter will not be in it, but son from 1st marriage will be, shouldn't he just take pic just with his mom and dad and sis, and no one else.....if the shoe was on the other foot i would never take a family portrait with everyone without him, he is my family too that would just be common respect for him not to do that, if he didn't have and would that show that his mom has no respect for him to suguest to take a family pic knowing that wife and daughter will not be in them and if he does it is that showing no respect for us....

lisa98450

Asked by lisa98450 at 5:01 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• I wouldn't do it. But that's me.
    since_3.18.93

Answer by since_3.18.93 at 5:04 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I think its disrespectful that you wont let him. It's just a damn picture! He's family has a right to have group photos with him in it.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:04 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I wouldnt do it either.
    Augusta

Answer by Augusta at 5:05 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Your making a big deal over a simple picture? If you didn't like the mans family then you shouldn't have married him! What gives you the right to take him from his family? Like a PP said what if this was your son and his wife wouldn't allow him to have a picture taken with his family?
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't do it.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 5:28 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Let him be in the picture. You didn't want to be in it anyways becuase you aren't involved with the family. This is his blood.
    lynnsey13

Answer by lynnsey13 at 1:03 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Personally, I would go and at least let your dd be in the pic whether you want to or not. It's for the future generations. Your dd will feel bad when she's grown and there's this huge gap in her life. Go, smile and leave. If neither of you want to go, don't stop your dh.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 4:56 PM on Apr. 20, 2011