Friends on CafeMom-What do you think of this?

Have you ever met someone on here that invited you as a friend and because you live in the same area wanted you to come to there house to meet them and there kids. Then when you politely refuse saying that wouldn't set a good example for the kids meaning going to someones house you met online. But suggest you could meet somewhere public you don't hear from them anymore and all of a sudden there not on your friends list anymore. Now does that sound a little odd to you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:06 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in About CafeMom

• A little odd, but it may have freaked them out that you invited them to your place when you barley know each other. Meeting new people in public is safer and makes more sense.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:07 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I didn't invite them to my house. I am the one that suggested the public place because she kept pushy for us to come to her house.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:11 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Yeah I think the first poster misread your statement. I think it is VERY suspect that someone would do that - YOU are being careful, requesting something completely logical and normal and then they get weird - very strange, I completely agree with you. I've had a couple weird experiences with people friending me then acting very bizarre. Ya never know - better safe than sorry.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 5:11 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• OHHHH Yeah that is very freaky.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:11 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Sorry I meant to put pushing
    Anonymous

• Sounds like someone got her panties in a knot and got all offended. You're probably better off without them. Who in their right mind invites a virtual stranger to your HOME never having met before. Someone who doesn't have a clue about internet safety..or someone with ulterior motives.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:12 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I would have done the same thing, meet in public first the decide if you want to have a closer relationship with that person. Sounds a little sketchy-maybe you averred a dangerous situation.

Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 5:17 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• You know it also made me remember that when she first invited me as a friend I was sure we were already friends on here. Now I think she may have done this before. Meaning invited me as a friend and when I didn't respond to her invites she deleted me as a friend. HMMM.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:22 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• very odd, I'd be glad she removed me from her friends list.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 5:24 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Why does it matter, you obviously don't care to be real life friends and there is nothing wrong with that. Maybe she only wants real life friends and has a horrible approach to making that happen.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 5:26 PM on Apr. 15, 2011