I was leaking clear liquid and it went through my pants, what is it?

I have been into the hospital twice already for this issue! they tested me with a test strip and then said it's negative.

My question is... if it's not a huge, huge amount like when most woman's water breaks. Could is be accurate enough? I am concerned that it's my amniotic fluid leaking on and off. The nurse would not give me a ultrasound to check the levels without consent from my doctor who will be delivering. My doctor said there is no need for one since the test strip said negative. What do you think?

Hesmynavyman

Asked by Hesmynavyman at 5:15 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Those strips are pretty accurate even if it isnt a large amount.. how far along are you??
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 5:20 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I am 37 weeks and 6 days
    Hesmynavyman

Comment by Hesmynavyman (original poster) at 5:31 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• go to different er
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 5:44 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• it could be fluid although the test was negative but if its going though your pants i really dont think that is the issue. it most likely is urine at your stage in pregnancy. i KNOW thats not what you want to hear, gross right. but its true. with the baby pushing on your bladder with all the weight even though you dont feel like you have to go the baby can squeeze out urine you didnt knwo you had waiting. i would just always make sure you try to empty your bladder even if you dont have to. Yeah more time in the bathroom, and you thought you should move into it before. also try to wear a pad to avoid it all over your pants. good luck mama!
    aschwarz06

Answer by aschwarz06 at 5:46 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I hate to be the one here to say it, but it may be urine. It isn't uncommon by any means to occasionally lose bladder control while pregnant. Depending on how the baby is positioned, how far along you are and just what your body is going through can make it happen. Have you been doing your kegels?
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 5:49 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I agree, it could be urine. It sucks but that late in your pregnancy you tend to lose control of your bladder. If it gets more constant maybe make another call. Sounds stupid but maybe next time it starts happening, try to stop it if you can. that happened to me a few times while I was pregnant but one time I thought that is what was happening but I couldnt make it stop, thats when I went to the hospital and that time it was my water breaking. Good Luck!!!
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 7:56 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• It's possible to have a small leak trickle out or intermittent gushes.
    But either way, leaking or not, you're not in labor so try not to worry.

You can monitor for a fever, hydrate, and most importantly: refuse vaginal exams / anything inside!!
    And then you're doing what we do with PROM anyhow... to be on the safe side.

Do you know your baby's position or station by chance?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:13 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I would like to believe it's urine but it's not yellow at all! It's on clear liquid without a odor. I have actually had urine before so I can tell the difference. The nurse never said it was urine. But she said it's extra liquids.
    Hesmynavyman

Comment by Hesmynavyman (original poster) at 1:18 AM on Apr. 19, 2011