If you knew someone who was in a abusive relationship...

and they said they were going to kill their SO, and months later their SO was murdered. Would you report their comment to the police? Their SO is physically, verbally, or even emotionally abusive.

This didn't happen to me, just a question that came to mind.

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 5:31 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• No. I wouldn't say a word. It's not my cross to bear. They'll answer to someone higher than the law.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 5:34 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Yes I would totally report it - I can't imagine anyone morally being able to NOT report that.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 5:33 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• the ABUSED killed the ABUSER? no i wouldn't. I would bear that cross..because I've been abused..and sometimes shit gets out of control and its called self defense. BUT its not my place to tell them to turn themselves in. It's just one less abusive person out of this world in their makers hands.

If the ABUSER killed the ABUSED then yes I would report it in a heartbeat
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 5:56 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Yes, I would report it. There are other ways to deal with an abusive spouse other then killing them. It is very possible that this is what happened. I would report the comment and let the police sort it out.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:32 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I would. He might have been abusive but did he kill anyone? You have to take the emotion out of these things and look at the facts. Maybe he deserved what he got but if it was her, did she have the go ahead to kill him, no.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 5:34 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• So if you would not - you are telling me that a KILLER telling YOU PERSONALLY he/she was going to kill someone and then actually did it - YOU do not feel that is "YOUR" cross to bear and they'll answer to a higher power? You are basically a key witness in a murder and you would stay silent and let God sort it out? FREAKIN UNBELIVABLE! WOW - WAY TO GO.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 5:46 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Chill tinker. Its just a question. No need to attack someone for their answer.
    mommy_of_two388

Comment by mommy_of_two388 (original poster) at 5:48 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Oh I just think it is incredible as I have family in law enforcement and have seen this type of situation first hand - it just steams me. How many unsolved crimes out there seriously because of people just like that.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 5:56 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• HEll no.... I was in a relationship like that so I know how it feels. If I would have stayed I pobably would have snapped one day lol you can only take so much! ( Don't worry I'm not going to kill him lol)
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 6:12 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I uderstand Tinker. My uncle is in law inforcement as well.

I personally am torn. I wouldnt want to report it because the person suffered abused. But that still doesnt give them the right to kill unless it was in self-denfense.

mommy_of_two388

Comment by mommy_of_two388 (original poster) at 6:39 PM on Apr. 15, 2011