What should I take to the hospital??? Due soon!

I have 3 weeks left. I have packed a baby outfit to take her home in, a robe, sleepers, socks, jammie pants, a tshirt, then travel size stuff (toothbrush, paste, shampoo, conditoner, shampoo for my hubby, lotion, soap, etc)....is there anything else I should take to be more comfortable and/or need

MamaKeetz

Asked by MamaKeetz at 11:18 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I would take a couple more outfits for the baby. The hospital never provided us with any clothing but the blankets and the diapers. Also some baby wipes. Maybe some pillows from home and a blanket from home as well...Good Luck!!
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 11:20 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I packed so much stuff :-D. But the things I used the most was: Slippers, stuffed animal for focal point, robe, take home outfit for me and baby, playing cards, wrote out my baby announcements in the hospital so pen and announcements, and a book.
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 11:20 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• You could take a book or some cards . Sometimes it takes a while and you will need to pass time.
    41andholdin

Answer by 41andholdin at 11:37 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• You never know what you're going to need/want, so it's ok to overpack! I brought a ton of stuff to do, and never did any of it!

Other clothes for hubby might be good, in case his stuff gets dirty (and if he's going to stay there with you, he'll want something he can sleep in). A toothbrush for him woould be wise as well, because you might not have the patience for breath that smells anything but minty fresh!

Anything you want for labor: music, massage products, a focal point, etc.

My hospital put Baby in clothes, but you might want to bring something else.

Other than that, you should be all set!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 11:39 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• JOLLY RANCHERS!!!!! most hospitals wont let you eat once you get there. (i guess so you dont puke or poo if you can help it) you never know how long your labor will be. my hospital let me have water, ice chips, some sprite, and hard candy while in labor. i swear by jolly ranchers. just by a big bag of the assorted kind-there may be a certain flavor your liking more than the others once your in labor. so be ready with all different kinds. you can suck on the jolly ranchers and it makes you not as hungry. its like your tricking your tummy into thinking your eating something.
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 12:01 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• i also burned a cd of my favorite songs. i had one for slow songs, one of gosple, one of country, a mix, i had all kinds. find soothing stuff. i listened to bob wills and the texas playboys with my first one. we call her "bob" for a nickname.
    if your breastfeeding, you will want nursing pads. most hospitals provide lanolin for you, but you should check to make sure. you definatly want the lanolin if your bf.
    ivelostmyself

• oh yeah. take nail polish. you can get your DH to paint your toes a pretty color. i always looked at my pretty pink piggies for a focal point.
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 12:03 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Be sure to take pads (not tampons), extra underwear, a few bras and nursing pads... You will also want a few more clothes for the baby. They should have diapers for you to use and wipes. I would just pack a small diaper bag for the baby with baby lotion, some nice thick blankets, a pacifier and a nose sucker. Also be sure that your baby car seat is in the car the right way, they wont let you leave the hospital if its not. And your going to want a few camera or a digital one
    LizWithAvon

Answer by LizWithAvon at 8:09 PM on Dec. 3, 2008