Wrong of me?

OK i babysit my neighbors sons ages 3 and 7. Well when their mom is sick and their dad goes to work they still come to my house even though mom is home just wanting to rest. SO i watch the 3 year old until the 7 year old gets home from school, and bring them to her at 3:30 or 4pm. I know i am their babysitter, and that i get paid for it, but is it wrong me to think that sometimes they are using me, and when i am sick should i call them and ask them to take my 6month old and 3 year old sons.
I am not complaining about watching their sons while mom is sick because it is a play date for my son who is 3, and i get paid for it. But how come i don't get that luxury when i am sick, no one can take my sons while dad is at work, or grandmas at work, and the other boys mom is at work and so is their dad.
What do u all think, is it wrong of me to think that they are using me to, when mom is sick, and do u think it is wrong of me to call them up when i am sick and hand over my sons to them, so i can get some rest.

2boysyahoo.com

Asked by 2boysyahoo.com at 5:47 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• I still took my kids to daycare when I was sick so I could rest and get well. It's a job so I think if you agreed to watch the child and you get paid then yeah you should do it even if she's home sick

Answer by admckenzie at 5:56 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I would think of it like extra hours for you. I wouldn't think of it as being used.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:55 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• pay someone like she is and then you can have someone watching your kids if your sick.. i don't think you should consider it being used as you're agreeing to do it and you're being paid..
    MissLoveLyfe

Answer by MissLoveLyfe at 8:07 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• i agree, you being used? i don't think so. they are paying you. being used is not being paid and taken advantage of. i don't see that happening here. if you get sick and you want to pay them go ahead and ask. i'm sure they would agree to help you out.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:26 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• You answered your own question: YOU get PAID for it. Can you PAY them to watch your when you are sick? Are they even home? A little confused.
    MamaMia9999

Answer by MamaMia9999 at 8:42 PM on Apr. 16, 2011