I'm in love with a married man...what should I do??

Ok well first off this guy isn't some random guy...Him and I were each others first love for 2 and half years...We dated when we were younger..But situations tour us apart, and I was forced by my mother not to ever talk to him again...And he went his way and I went mine...10yrs later...after I get married and have 3 children and separated from my husband due to his lack of commitment and abusive ways...I come in contact with my first love again...Only now he is married and has 2 children...We both recently met up...And since then have talked every night..The feelings we have for each other are still there..but he doesnt want to leave his wife because he dont want his kids to grow up in a broken home...Which I understand...but I know if things wouldn't have changed years ago that I would still be with this man...I want to be with him so bad...But I can't change the situation...I just don't know what to do...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:48 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• leave him alone

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:49 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• You stay away!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:49 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Just gracefully step out of the picture. It will hurt for a while but like all wounds it will heal with time and care.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:50 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Get the hell out of their relationship! Stop talking to him and worry about your own! Dont be a homewreaker and don't teach your kids its okay to destroy families. He may look good on the outside and all you're thinking about is the love you HAD. Don't ruin two marriages over an old flame.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:50 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• It's never easy letting a man go when you love them but she loves him too and has a family with him.
    Anonymous

• Its not worth it. Men rarely leave their wives/families for their mistress. Even if he does..what makes you think if you got together with him that he wouldnt do the same thing to you? Maybe right now its the thrill and you may feel like your in love with him, but maybe your not? I wouldnt take any more of those chances..a chance of being a part of him ruining his marriage/family
    dolphingoddess

Answer by dolphingoddess at 5:51 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• there are support groups for you if you need someone to talk with about it
    Anonymous

• You should stop having an emotional affair with another woman's husband. THAT is what you should do. I'm so sick of hearing this women are so stupid. This guy is bored in his marriage and flirting with you as you have stirred up old feelings and if you had married him then you would be the patsy sitting at home clueless while he texted some other first love. So just because you are first loves that makes it better? He is still a cheating sleazy jerk and he'll cheat on you. I have much more respect for a man who somehow finds he is drawn to someone else - does not act in a disrespectful way to either party and divorces his wife and THEN proceeds - that is a man with integrity. It happens let's admit it - there are time when circumstances happen and you realize you have met someone you cannot live without - THIS sister ain't it. He has made it very plain he won't leave his kids. They never do. Move on and save yourself
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 5:53 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I agree. You need to stop this. You have the power to do so. Walk away. You will eventually get over it (not to sound mean) but its true.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 5:54 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• run away fast, the past is done over with, what happened then has nothing to do with now. Think about this, how would you feel if you promised to love and cherish a man and then he cheats? You would be crushed! Think about how his wife feels. Think about how his children will feel.
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 5:57 PM on Apr. 15, 2011