do you think a seller should charge the buyer paypal fees ?

do you ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Money & Work

• I have a home party business. I use propay, it pretty much is the same as paypal. When I have a party or if someone wants to place an indiviual order, I let them know that I do accept credit cards but it will be an additional 3% on top of the final price. I have not had a complaint yet! THis helps me pay for my fees.
    hugorose

Answer by hugorose at 11:44 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Not on Ebay. Ebay has gotten sooo bad lately. I sold so much more last year as compared to this year. I don't think I will be listing anything anytime soon. It's hard enough to sell, but to increase prices wouldn't fly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• i have been trying to sell here
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• PayPal is the one that charges the additional fee because both the seller and the buyer are using PayPal's service.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 2:17 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Paypal and Ebay fees have gotten ridiculous! I just listed an item yesterday and noticed that IF it sells, my ebay fees alone will be over $5.76!! Well there went any profit I might have made. And that isn't counting the paypal fee!
    bagjmama

Answer by bagjmama at 6:09 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• When I sell on Ebay, I do up the shipping charges by $1.50 to cover some of the fees. Unfortunately, we've been forced to, or else we wouldn't make any money. Ebay has gotten SO REDICULOUS with their fees, and Paypal has just made things worse. Not sure if you're a seller or a buyer, but it's not the seller's fault that they have to up things, it's the economy.
    smboutique

Answer by smboutique at 7:51 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• so we should charge thebuyer right ?as they dont have to pay for money orders and gas to get to the post office right
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Dec. 3, 2008