To test or not to test?

ok, so my period is late, i want to give it a couple more days, but normally it would've come today and there is absolutely no sign of it.
i have not had a lot if any really prego symptoms, just been really tired, and tummy aches/headaches. i have a lot of heartburn, but i also have had trouble with acid reflux for years, so i dont know. today i think i was peeing more often than normal...but who knows.
lol...i know this sounds funny, my hubby and i have been TTC for so long!! I want to be preggo do bad, that sometimes i think my mind plays tricks on me, and i am kinda scared of taking a test because i have had so many negatives in the past....i absolutely hate the heartbreaking feeling of seeing that BFN!! So ladies, just wonder what you thought, should i test soon or wait awhile???

I just went off birth control a month ago, my periods were very abnormal before going on it, which was the reason my doc put me on it, so part of me wonders if my periods are going back to being abnormal....i dont know

BeccaBol

Asked by BeccaBol at 6:05 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Give it a try a test cant hurt, buy a double pack. Better to know then to not know.i was on the depo for 3 months a got preg 2 months after and they said it woulds take me up to a year! Miracles happen choose you not the books or doctors.
    PumaRose

Answer by PumaRose at 6:11 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I'd rather get mad or sad and carry on then to not know
    PumaRose

Answer by PumaRose at 6:13 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• yeah what puma said...
    i got off mirena and it was suppose to take a year before i was fertile b/c i didnt have a period for 2 years i was on it. dr said it could take a year for me to get preggers. not even a few months later i was knocked up.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 6:17 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I can't stand the wait. For a few bucks, I say test...but that could just be my impatience.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:46 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I say test. Even if you see a negative now, you have to remind yourself that there is a very good chance it could be a false negative and don't give up just yet because there is still hope! And if you get a positive it will be the best night of your life and you will get to do some major celebrating!
    Missalissa86

Answer by Missalissa86 at 7:21 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I agree with everyone else. You should test. I would personally feel better knowing then not knowing!! Good Luck!
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 7:45 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• test
    kiya_ma

Answer by kiya_ma at 10:46 PM on Apr. 15, 2011