When did you children first get sick and what was it?

malexander2009

Asked by malexander2009 at 6:23 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Health

• The first time I remember her getting sick was when she had her first asthma attack....I was terrified and we rushed her to the emergency room
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 6:24 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I don't remember with DS but he was pretty little... DD had a fever at around 9 months but wasn't on anti-biotics until she was almost 3 and hasn't had them again.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:16 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• She was 7 months old. She just had a cold...runny nose, slight cough...but of course, first time parent, I took her straight to the pediatrician.

I was told she had a "virus." And, of course, being a first time mom, I thought that was a HUGE deal since I had never heard a cold called a virus before. I remember calling my boss to tell him I wasn't coming in because she was sick and he started to say something (probably that my mom was visiting us at our house so she could easily watch, so why couldn't I come in) and I yelled at him "she has a VIRUS!" LMAO...I must have seemed so psychotic!!
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 8:14 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• My 5 year old was about 8 months old. It was a 24 hr stomach bug. My almost 2 yr old was about a year and half old, just a cold.
    Sarahb21

Answer by Sarahb21 at 9:34 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I think he was like a year old and he got a cold. It happens.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 9:35 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• All 4 of them, without fail, had a minor cold right at 6 months old. Our doc told me is was fairly common.
    Anonymous

• My first 3 kids were pretty healthy. They did get ear infections and colds but that was about it. My last baby was sick from the moment he was born. The minute he was born they took him to the nicu where he was diagnosed with pneumonia.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 10:01 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• She's been pretty healthy. I think the first time she was sick it was just a cold with a mild fever. She was under a year old.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 10:22 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• my oldest had rsv at about 3 months... my middle baby was about 1 when she got pink eye for the first time... and my 3 month old is still healthy!
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:38 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• My son first got sick at a year old with rota virus.
    ceciliam

Answer by ceciliam at 6:01 PM on Apr. 16, 2011