Dont you just hate jealous controlling people(more of a vent)....thoughts?

my ex bf got married to a woman he had known a few months at first i was happy for him, well im still happy for him but really upset that his wife wont allow him to talk to any ex gf. him and i dated a few weeks and decided that we made bette friends so just broke it off and became really close friends, since then i got married and had 3 kids. i dont hang out with him much, the only time we hung out was when he came over to visit me and my dh. otherwise we would just stay in touch thru facebook and occasionally texted. once he married her he isnt allow to talk to me or my dh at all...even if we run into each other in public and me or my dh says hi and she is with him she just grabs him and pulls him off. my ex's sister (her n i are still realy good friends) emailed me tellin me to tell his wife that she didnt give me his number or mine to him...and the wife got mad at her cause she is friends with me. so i emailed the wife saying that his sis didnt give me his number that i always had it and he always knew mine since i had the same # for years. well that just made it worse cause now she wont allow him to talk to his sister. its just so frustrating that she is acting this way i dont know why she hates me so much since i NEVER met her. i know there is nothing i can do about it but still at the same time it just irritates me, wish women would realize that keepin their guy on a tight leash will cause problems in the long run, as for now i dont talk to him, i deleted his # from my phone and deleted and blocked him on all social sites, if he really wanted to talk to me or my dh he knows where we live. i wish i knew why she is acting like this

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:24 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• hmm it makes me think that you are SUPER pretty and she is not and that he must have talked really good about you an know she is super jeous n scared that he wants you...
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 6:59 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• She must be a very insecure woman to act that way. Sounds like there is nothing you can do but if she is stopping him from talking to his sister because you and her are friends....I doubt they'll be together long.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 6:29 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• My husband and I do not have any pictures of exes and we do not associate with people we have dated in the past. That is, unfortunately, one of the downsides of dating someone . . . you kind of ruin the possibility of future friendship.

I think you need to let it lie.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 6:36 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I dont see why you need to be in contact with him. Some women just have issues with it, Why try and contact him and talk to him and ruin things in his marriage?
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:05 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I think you need to let it go. His priorities are not about friends right now, they are will his significant other and you need to respect that. Try to put yourself in her shoes. Would you want your guy being buddy buddy with his ex-girlfriends? Be honest with yourself and I think you would see that she has a right to her feelings. It doesn't matter how YOU see him as a brother, it matters that it bothers someone who is very important to him. Try not to make this all about you and realize he doesn't need a friendship that would put his relationship in jeapardy. Stay out of his life all together and let him be happy. Maybe she will learn to trust you, maybe not. But if you really care about this man you will see how you can be causing more harm than need be.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:33 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• So sorry. You're right it is gonna do more harm than good if she keeps it up. Hopefully the light bulb will come on for her and she'll realize there is no use to be jealous.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 6:31 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• its also frustrating that i tried to get to know her, i sent her a friend request on facebook and when i seen them out and about i tried to talk to her and she woudlnt have it. im the type who is friends with everyone and i really dont have enemies. from my point of view she really has no reason to hate me
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:48 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• i havent been contacting him since his sister told me the wife had a problem with me, i deleted his # and blocked him on all social sites, if he wants to talk/see me or my dh he knows how to find us, and knowing him he will stop by the next time he is in town when he is alone as he always does. im not going to bring this up when he comes over either...ill just be there when he needs someone to talk to and ill let him come to me(or my dh)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:13 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• lol kylansmommy thats what im thinking too, well sorta but i know he doesnt want me back and i sure as hell dont want him back, i see him as a brother and he sees me as a sister, but i know he does think highly of me since i stuck by his side through all the crap he went thru when his other friends abanded him. to even think of "being with him" makes me ill eww lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:25 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• pnwmom...im not going to contact him, like i said before he knows how to get a hold of me if need be, im not going to push it cause i know our friendship is strong enough to last through whatever, ill just let him call the shots so to speak. i dont see them lasting to long though, they been married less than 2 weeks and she is making him cut all the female friends out of his life whether he dated them or not and also any female relative like his cousins. she even took away his car keys so he cant leave when she is at work, she checks his phone and all of his email and social accounts as soon as she gets home. she went as far tonight to chew out one of his classmates accusing her of wanting his "manly part" and all she wanted to know is why he hasnt been coming to class. he had to drop out of college for whatever reason, not sure why.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:32 AM on Apr. 16, 2011