Joint Party

My kids birthdays are in August and December so I was thinking of doing a joint party in October. My DD has only had one party ever and DS hasn't had one in years! I can't afford to do two... I may not be able to afford this one! Anyway. Is it odd to put a note inside my DS friends invites saying something along the lines of 'while this is a Joint party you will be attending as Carl's guest' or something. I don't want my DS friends parents to feel obligated to buy for both children. Of course I don't want them to feel obligated to buy anything at all... That's not what it's about. anyway... what do you think. DD will be 4 and DS will be 7. We are going to do a very generic theme and cup cakes.

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 7:10 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• I personally don't like the idea.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:21 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I don't like the idea. The only time I did a joint party was when it was my oldest son's birthday and my youngest son's baptism. I say give one kid a party this year and the other kid a party next year. If you really wanna do a joint one this year, just say that it is a joint birthday party but presents are not expected.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 7:29 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• That's good. I'll just say 'gifts are not expected' That's okay to say? It does sound better.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 7:37 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• That is what I put on my kids' invitations to anything.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:22 PM on Apr. 15, 2011