Anyone else have this problem?

i am really good about getting my laundry done. the problem is after they are washed and dryed it is hard to get them put away. Any tips?

sweetestkitten

Asked by sweetestkitten at 11:30 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I've found, only recently while I've been trying to get myself re-organized, that it's way easier if I don't get behind in the first place. I do laundry every day now, I do a load of whites, jeans and towels. That way there's only a half-load to fold and then I have a nice pretty empty laundry basket. Until bath time at least. Seeing the empty laundry basket makes it feel a little less IT NEVER ENDS.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 11:53 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• lol i never feel like putting mine away mine have been sitting in the basket since yesterday maybe i will get to them tom
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 11:31 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• The one load I HATE is the whites. All those socks and little pairs of tighty-whities. I'll be honest sometimes I do them last and just leave them in the dryer pretending they're not there. No tips, sorry. Just take a deep breath and get it done.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 11:32 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• lol at Wendy, I am SO glad I'm not the only one who's left the laundry basket sitting out let the men fend for themselves!!
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 11:43 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• mine just seems to pile up...i always get them washed..but folding them...gah! and when u think u finally got them all washed and folded and put away ..u have more waiting for u to be washed...it never ends..lol....
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 11:49 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• ya.. i am a single mother..i have two kids and have my own place..i work a full time job...it seems the only time i have to fold is at night after getting the kids in bed...they are 1 and 4 yrs..if i try to do it when they are awake (well there is no point to it)they get it and try to play with the clothes..or out of sheer onryness *spelling?* push over my folded clothes..and i have to re fold them..bleh!
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 11:57 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I feel for you honey! I am fortunate to be a sahm, but mine are 18 month, 4 1/2 too and #3 due nearly any day now. I had to go back to work long enough to have insurance to cover my second baby and it seemed like NOTHING ever got done, even with their only being one and daddy around to help out while I was working. Even now having two at that age is a CHALLENGE. I say don't even sweat the laundry, as long as they have clean clothes to wear I think you are doing a kick-butt job!
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 12:06 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• awww ty...i feel soo bad..but usually the clothes end up siting in the dryer...and i iron them in the mornings or at night b4 i go to bed...but atleast they are clean..lol..
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 12:14 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• What? The dryer isn't the dresser? You guys are screwing my whole system up! lol. shhhh...don't let my SO know!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 12:42 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Instead of folding them and putting them in the basket, we take hangers to the laundry room with us and as we pull out a piece of laundry we stick it on the hanger right away. That way we go straight to the closet with them and there is nothing laying around. The only thing that I have issues with are SOCKS! Piles of socks that never end and separating who's is who's is a PITA!!! LOL!!!
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 12:42 AM on Dec. 2, 2008