Unintentionally scared my son but it worked in my favor

My kids love to hide under the sink, they take out the trash can put it in the closet and then go under the sink cabinet, mind you they are only 3 and 21 months. There is nothing else under there besides dish towels. Well I didn't see my son go under there and thought he was in the bedroom playing with his sister. Well I turned on the garbage disposal and all of a sudden I hearing screaming and the door flew open. He hasn't gone under there since.

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 7:15 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• sidesplittinglaughter

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:17 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• LOL!
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 7:19 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• hahahha poor kid.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 7:20 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• haha that is too funny! I wish I could have seen the look on his face!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 7:23 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Yikes!!! Hope he can sleep tonight!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:26 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• awwww poor baby.. but i cant help but laugh!!!!!!!!!!!!
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 7:37 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• sidesplittinglaughter

Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 7:39 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Toooo Funny! LOL.
    My oldest son was afraid of the dragon in our hall closet. He would lay in the floor peering around the corner of the door way, trying to see under the hall closet. Id open the hall closet and show him there was nothing to be afraid of ( a few coats and the vacuum cleaner). I often left the vacuum cleaner plugged into the electrical socket inside the closet door but never noticed that the vacuum had a short in it and would start up..making a low growling noise for just a few seconds. He was constantly defending himself thru the door against this dragon..fearlessly. I thought it was a game he was playing but he was very serious. Weeks later, I was getting the vacuum out when it started up without assistance and my son lost it. I bought a new vacuum and the old dragon is no more.

Sorry for the story..I felt the need to share, LOL, b'cuz I could identify. You try so hard not to laugh but its just so funny!
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 7:44 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Thank I needed a laugh, poor guy
    Knowing my little one she would think it was funny and be right back at after the intial shock wore off.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 7:46 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• now I know what to do to keep my 22 month old from going under the sink.. wawahaha
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 9:07 PM on Apr. 15, 2011