Regret

I had my son circumcised when he was born. He is a very happy healthy 3 1/2 yr old. I deeply regret having him circumcised. Anyone else going through this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:35 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• nope.

Why???
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 7:36 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Nope, I am glad I made the decision that I did and will do it with every one of my little guys.
    Anonymous

• Not at all.

Why do you regret it?
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:37 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I don't plan on getting my son circumcised....you never said why you regret it though
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 7:37 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I just feel like it's so unnatural. I don't know why I've started to become so consumed by regret. It's like I spend my life taking care of him and doing what I think is best for him- but I didn't put very much thought into having it done. My dh is circa. so I just decided to have my sons done. I feel like my first act as his mom was to chop off part of his body for no reason and I feel really bad about it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:40 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• No. Honestly I have never thought about it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:49 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• My 1st son, who is 18 months old is circumcised. Truthfully, I never put much thought into it until the skin kept reattaching and the pediatrician would have to pull the skin down so much it would hurt my baby. He would scream and cry and it was horrible for him and me. When my husband and I discovered our 3rd child was another boy I was very weary about getting him circumcised but my hubby was still all for it until we were in the hospital. He was born at 35 weeks and had to be in NICU for a week. During this time the hospital was doing renovations which put the "circumcision room" right across the hall in clear view to us. Every morning I saw little baby boys go through such a painful procedure which has been deemed unnecessary by the pediatric board of America. Needlesstosay, my 10 week old is not circumcised and my hubby and I are very happy with the decision!
    wendydays

Answer by wendydays at 7:50 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• it's not something you can change now, so no point in being consumed by regret. Simply wish you didn't do it, know you shouldn't make a big decision like that without knowing facts, and move on...
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 7:59 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I think you need to stop dwelling on it =!! There are as many cases to be mad for it as against it,,,whats done is done,, and you don't need to give it another thought,, now if you are seriously "dwelling" on it,, it might be a sign of depression... My father had to get circumcised at like 50 years old,,,because he kept getting infection around the foreskin,, now I bet he wishes someone would have done it for him when he was a baby,, lol,, relax momma, you have a happy well adjusted little boy.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 8:02 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• no
    damionsmommy2

Answer by damionsmommy2 at 8:08 PM on Apr. 15, 2011