am i having contractions?

my stomach gets tight but the pain isnt like going to make me cry but it does hurt and feels like alot of pressure.but some times where the pain is which is around my pelvis it doesnt always get hard if it gets hard at all.i need advice please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• with my daughter mine werent painful at all they were just annoying and comming and going so u might be call ur obgyn and ask thme
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 11:32 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Lay on your left side and sip some water, if it stops then no ,but if it doesn't then I'd go to the hospital.
    41andholdin

Answer by 41andholdin at 11:33 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• they arent really close together though they told me not to call them until they were 3 to 5 minutes apart the last time i was there.
    Anonymous

• You should be on your way to the hosp by then! My doc always says call them at 15 min and give them a heads up and head in at 5. If your worried about what's going on you should always be welcome to call but most hospitals won't admit you until you are 4cm and having regular contractions. It sounds like it could be labor, try walking around to get them started. It could also be braxton hicks, I'm 36 weeks and occasionally I have had contractions so bad I thought I was going to pop but if I lay down they stop. Good luck mama!!
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 11:39 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• thank you its just i dont have a phone that i can have them call me back on every one is sleeping here and i have no way to go in if i have to.i dont know if they are real contractions or if they are contractions and i dont want to think they are and go in and be there for hours and then them not be and i dont want to not go in and them be real and just not that painful.and i havent had any dilation to begin with.
    Anonymous

• I would wait until they are at least regular then. Or try laying down, if they are real contractions laying down and sipping some water isn't going to make them stop.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 11:50 PM on Dec. 1, 2008