Measles Update 2011!!!!

There are already 50 cases confirmed, utah, minnisota, texas, and california.
Did your child recieve the MMR immunization yet??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:43 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• yeah

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:44 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• SO THATS where all the vax questions are stemming from recently!!

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:46 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I hope all of those affect recover nicely with no ill effects. I also hope that there aren't any deaths. This is sad.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:54 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I second the "so that's where all the vaccination posts are coming from" comment... I was wondering the same thing myself. And yes, we're all vaccinated here.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 9:21 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Nope, and they won't. I would however be interested to know how many of those 50 cases were in persons who were vaccinated...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:19 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• sabrina what would happen if your child caught it, even if you do vax and your child catches it...arent you scared of the whole death and brain damage scare that comes with it??
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:28 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• People who get vaccinated cans till get the diseases they're vaccinated against, nothing is 100%. The point of the vaccines is they lower he risk, and if you do manage to catch whatever it is you're vaccinated against the effects are much less. Your chances of death from measles exist all around, many factors play into the outcome. But if you're vaccinated, chances are you won't die, your body will receive a lesser form of the virus and a few days on the couch is all that will happen. If you're not vaccinated, you've got a 50/50 chance to live or die. So it doesn't really matter how many of the infected were vaccinated, the question to be asked is how many of the dead were vaccinated. And the answer would probably be very few-none. There's always that exception to the rule person who ruins perfection.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 11:07 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

________
    I don't know, but I DO know that they know the outbreak in Utah was triggered by an unvaccinated child.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:00 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• right but out of these 50 cases....no one died so why do they make it out for measles to be so serious??
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:36 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Because measels is one of the leading causes of death among young children worldwide.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:19 AM on Apr. 16, 2011