When your kids want to play with their friends, are you the house the kids come to, or do your kids go elsewhere?

lore_tex

Asked by lore_tex at 7:51 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• They go back and forth. I want them to play outside, at their friends and to have their friends in our house also.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:43 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• We go there because we have a tiny one bedroom apartment. I prefer meeting people at the park though so there's no clean up for either family.
    LorinLizziesMom

Answer by LorinLizziesMom at 7:53 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Its always been my house.
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 7:55 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I definitely prefer they play at our house.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:57 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• it depends on the child and the friend. One of DD's bffs cannot come here due to allergies and the other due to a controlling mother. So she will hang at their houses. Our youngest has medical issues so usually most are more comfy coming here. DS1 is more of a loner, so he doesn't do a lot of play dates.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:57 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Usually at their house. My house is small with no yard. I am on the poor side. Most people in my area have huge homes with pools, play equipment, and a guest room or three in their homes. The kids don't like my house :)
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 7:58 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• my oldest is 4, so i havent had much experience with this yet. she really only has one friend she plays with often, and her mom and i keep the visits pretty equal. last weekend her daughter spent the night here, tonight mine is spending the night there. they are attached at the hip the only problem is we moved further away so its about a 45 minute drive now :( but we agreed that each time one of us will pick up and the other drop off. i do prefer for them to be at my house though.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:02 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I prefer they go elsewhere. We have a small house and it's already crowded with just us (we have 5 kids). The other day we had 5 extra kids in the house and after 15-20 minutes I told all the kids to go outside or find somewhere else to play. It was just too noisy and chaotic with all the kids in the house.
    The neighborhood tends to congregate in our yard, though, since I have the 4 kids outside playing (the 5th is just a baby). All their friends end up in our yard for some reason.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:08 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• My home all the time. Ughh then they get hungry and want food!
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 8:30 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• lol MarGee...me too! I have teens and a baby. I love having everyone at my house. Kinda like being everyone's Momma, I think they do too.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 9:05 PM on Apr. 15, 2011