Period or pregnancy?

I haven't had a period in about 4 years (I have had 2 children in this time and was bfeeding for about a year- dd has been weaned for about 2 months now). I feel awful today. I keep getting lower back pain, headaches, and spells of nausea. I have also had heartburn. These are all symptoms I have felt when I was pregnant with my daughter- who I knew I was pregnant with the morning after we concieved (because there were so many overwhelming symptoms). I took a pregnancy test a week ago but since then have been intimate with my husband.

I guess what I'm asking is are the symptoms I described something you experience when you are getting your period? It has been so long since i've had one that I honestly can't remember what they feel like.

and i've been really cranky today. really cranky. Thanks for the advice- and yes, I will take another pregnancy test in a few weeks if I still haven't had a period- so please don't tell me to do that :)

bloomsr

Asked by bloomsr at 8:14 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Health

• Soryy the only thing I had early on was heartburn, the rest I get with my period. Good luck hope thing turn out the way you want them too
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 8:24 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• A lot of what you just mentioned are symptoms I was just dealing with before I just came on my period.
    mray684

Answer by mray684 at 8:27 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• The difficult thing is that a lot of pregnancy symptoms can mimic period symptoms. Nausea isn't usually associated with getting your period, but sometimes it is. The headaches and lower back can also be period symptoms. If I were you I'd get another test and test with first morning urine. Good luck.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 9:59 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Sounds like premenstrual syndrome.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 10:12 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• i would say PMS... but ive also gotten that way in early pregnancy... sorry i'm no help!
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:37 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• If I didn't feel like this when I was first preg with Dd I wouldn't be so torn... I'll keep you updated:)
    bloomsr

Comment by bloomsr (original poster) at 11:53 PM on Apr. 15, 2011