Um, im a bad mom because i live in apartment,*vent*

not really but thats what my co workers neighbor named Jennie told me

earlier her and my co worker came over because Jennie makes tutus and she a made a customized tutu for my 8 year old to wear tomorrow at her party, i offered them so pizza and soda & well after that she just started asking me what did i do with the money i got from my husbands life insurance policy i told her i payed off his car,i payed for the funerel and the rest is in a savings account
and she says:wow you could pay off a car but not get your kids in a better place to live that's crazy when will you young girls ever learn public assistants isn't going to work forever

ugg wtf i was so sad after she sad that,its not like we live in a Regular apartment we live in a gated community and the apartments are very clean &im not even on any public assistance wtf!!i cant even tell you how im upset i am!its like she meant to hurt my feelings are something uggg
vent over*

LABELmeCUTE

Asked by LABELmeCUTE at 8:15 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• I am SO sorry about this womans ignorance mama....I don't even know what to say except that she is obviously a fool and you shouldnt let her jack assery get to you.
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 8:17 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• wow. Jennie is a bitch.

Do what is best for your family and tell her to shove her tutus up her.... you know where I"m going with this. Sorry to hear someone insulted you in your home (that happens to be an apartment).
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 8:18 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Wow, does she realize that some apartments cost more to rent than a mortgage?

She is ignorant-ignore her.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:19 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• She sounds like she was making assumptions about your life, and trying to bring you down. Paying off a funeral and car are HUGE expenses, and a good investment as well. She obviously doesnt know what she is talking about.
    And everyone has a different view on what a famioy life should be. For her, she thinks a big house makes a happy home. You are living on your own and supporting your family. That, and a loving home, is all children need. Does she have any kids? It doesnt sound like it. From my experience, the people with the worst and harshest advice are usually those who have no idea what they are talking about..
    Let it go.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 8:21 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• lol thanks mommas &@layh41407 exactly Like alot of other mothers im in an apartment because i want to,i had planned on buying a house but im happy were im at right now
    LABELmeCUTE

Comment by LABELmeCUTE (original poster) at 8:21 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• @Mme.Langley exactly i agree with you 100% and she has two girls just like me
    LABELmeCUTE

Comment by LABELmeCUTE (original poster) at 8:22 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Ignore her. You can't fix stupid.

Plenty of people all over the world live in apartments. Some of them are larger and nicer than my fairly large house. As long as your children are raised with love and affection who cares where you live.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:23 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Jennie I got your number it is 1-800-DUMBBUTT! Honestly how insensitive,,and if I was single with a little one I would feel much safer in a gated community,, sorry about your loss!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 8:27 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I am glad you vented , I hope you feel better and no way is living in an apartment bad parenting. First of all being a single parent to children is a tough job I know first hand, second it is just to much of a headache to own , I am assuming that is where Jennie was going with her comment, with repairs and such a house would require . I personally rather rent and leave all the time and money consuming details of a house to the landlords
    Raingae

Answer by Raingae at 8:27 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• PS-- PERHAPS JENNNIE SHOULDN'T BE SO SMUG, ARE YOU SEWING ON THE SIDE FOR EXTRA MONEY? lol
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 8:28 PM on Apr. 15, 2011