I am 38 weeks pregnant. Last night i started having discharge.

Okay i am now 38 weeks pregnant. Around my 34th week i started having contractions. Week 35 i lost my plug. From then on i have had discharge but it was mostly mucus. Up til last night i noticed it was watery with some mucus in it. I was just wondering if this is normal or the beginning of labor. I have another child at home and dont wanna run to the er for no reason. Can anyone explain this to me

kaitlyn911

Asked by kaitlyn911 at 8:24 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Your water probably broke and you should call your doctor. Sometimes it can happen without any contractions and can be very light.
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 9:05 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I would go to the hospital. When I was near the end, I was leaking, but I just thought it was from pressure on my bladder. I was embarrassed to to, but my DH took me anyway. Turns out that I my water had been leaking for 18 hours. Once you hit the 24 hour mark, they have to give the baby antibiotics since bacteria can get to the baby. I would go just to make sure.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 9:10 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• it could be a leak or anything..since you think something could be wrong you should check it out..you know your body
    kiya_ma

Answer by kiya_ma at 10:42 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• it seems like it stopped now so im not to sure what it was
    kaitlyn911

Comment by kaitlyn911 (original poster) at 12:57 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I would still go in and get checked. My second baby was so far head down that I barely leaked anything. It is always good to go and get checked if you are unsure :)
    elffyefli

Answer by elffyefli at 10:38 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• you can loose your mucus plug for quite sum time and this could be the rest of it which is what happen to me for one of my kids and soon after that the baby came
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 9:17 PM on Apr. 16, 2011