I have no idea what's going on..any help fellow Mommas?

I am almost 30 weeks pregnant,( Tuesday I will be 30 weeks). My stomach has been expanding on and off all day for the past 5 days or so. It feels like its being blown up like a balloon and stretching, and sometimes it hurts too, but it is generally more uncomfortable than painful. Then today they started being painful as well and it hurt kinda bad until it went away. Now about 2 hours ago I started getting really bad tight pains in multiple spots of my belly. The pain wasn't unbearable, however I have a high tolerance for pain, but it was painful enough for me to call my fiancé at work because I was kinda scared. The pain stayed for about 15 minutes and then went away for a little while and then came back for another 15 minutes straight. It hasn't happened in about an hour, but I was just folding laundry and I suddenly felt really light headed. I almost feel like I'm not even in my body, almost like I'm numb. I feel like I could pass out, I just feel really floaty and suddenly felt very very fatigued and sick. Does anyone know what is going on? Is this normal? I can't be in labor can I? I know you're not doctors and can't diagnose me and whatnot, but I would just like some advise from anyone who may have experienced this or anything. Please and thank you Mommas.

lizjones

Asked by lizjones at 8:29 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It dosnt sound like labor. It sounds like the baby is doing full body stretches. WAY back when I was preggo and describing these same feelings to my Dr she asked what I used to lessen the pain. I answered, Frozen peas or frozen corn. She game me the strangest look. I told her when the baby stretched and hooked a foot or hand under my ribs or into my bladder I used the frozen things in the freezer for a few minutes on my tummy to make the baby move. She laughed at me quite a while and then said, well I guess that would work. at 30 weeks your just starting t oget the baby really moving around where you really feel and even see your tummy look like it will blow up. Ty something frozen from the freezer where it seems the baby is pushing hardest for a few minutes. The baby WILL move.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:35 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• GO TO THE DOCTOR! anything to do with pain on and off its necessary...i was 35 weeks and had started contracting but i thought i just ate something bad until i called my midwife and they put me on the monitor and saw what was going on they were every 3 min.
    Needlesmama

Answer by Needlesmama at 8:35 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I dont think it is him moving around, I have been feeling/seeing him moving for about a month and my belly is smaller than it should be so he doesnt have as much room as he should so I feel every single move he makes. Its more like a tight pain like someone is reaching inside there and grabbing a hold of me and sqeezing me.
    lizjones

Comment by lizjones (original poster) at 8:42 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Honsetly sweetie, I think you had better go to the doc,, I suffered from preterm labor and had to go on bed rest,, better safe than sorry, and trust me if it is nothing the ER is used to it,, good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 8:42 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Absolutely call the doc. It could be nothing at all, but better safe than sorry. I thought iot felt like my daughter dropped, and she came within the week, 10 weeks premature!
    Danyellimom

Answer by Danyellimom at 8:45 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I dont have a way to the ER or anything right now, my fiance is at work for 2 more hours and I dont want to make him leave early. I hate making a big deal of things or having much attention on me, he told me to call his sister and I wouldnt do that either, Im quite stubborn. I know its bad and I shouldnt be so stubborn and stupid and difficult, but I also dont want to make a scene about it and make him leave work early if it ends up being nothing.
    lizjones

Comment by lizjones (original poster) at 8:45 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• @Danyellimom - I have about 10 weeks left right now, so you just scared me lol
    lizjones

Comment by lizjones (original poster) at 8:46 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Call the sister and don't be stubborn,, get to the doctor sweetie,, I left out what happened in my post because I don't want to scare you,, but this is your baby, get off of here and go to the doc and PM me 2 morrow and you can make me feel better that is was nothing,, just go honey,, please?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 8:52 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I think you should at least call your doctor and see what they tell you to do. Don't you have an on-call doctor for after hours or an answering service at their office that can get in touch with someone? Then they can tell you if you should go to the ER. Even if you wait until your fiance gets home and then have him take you. You should be sure that you're not having contractions because that is kind of what they sound like. I get that you don't want to go to the ER if it's nothing, but you also don't want to stay home if it's something. Your body may be trying to tell you something.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 8:57 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• You're going to have random contractions from this point on and its normal. I had it with both of my boys. I thought I was in labor at 30 weeks with my second one, went to the hospital and it was a false alarm.

511 is when you're really in labor. 5 minutes apart, lasting a whole 1 minute at least, for an 1 hour.

If you are really concerned call your doctor, they should be on call 24/7. They will most likely tell you the 511 thing too.
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 9:03 PM on Apr. 15, 2011