do you think...

Ok i was reading a post about...Young teens getting preg...some ppl are mean saying back in the day...yeah back in the day was long ago...teens are getting preg earler and earler...they feel like they need too...song, tv, and peer pressure...Some teens feel like they cant talk to there parents or any adult without getting bashed..so
do you think starting say 6th grade..yes they have sex...could or should be able to talk to a cancler to help previde them with condoms, birthcontrol, and safe sex tips...since like i said most teens cant talk to there parents.

*I think teen preg will be lowered if this happened*

mama2twins07

Asked by mama2twins07 at 11:33 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I do believe that access to appropriate sexual healh information should be available to students. That information should be age appropriate and accurate in my opinion. I also believe that access to birthcontrol and other forms of personal protection should be available to all consenting sexually active people. I do know I am not comfortable with the idea that my young teen (or God help me tween) is having sex. I am not a prude and I am a realist. My wish for my child is that they have sex when they are not afraid they will get "caught," worried about pregnancy scares, or worried about getting an STD. That she will be secure in her knowledge of her body, how to protect herself, and how to be comfortable with the responsibilites that go along with sex.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 1:07 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I don't know about where you are, but here 6th grade is in middle school already and they do have access to all of that, condoms, pg tests and guidance. I don't know how much it helped though, the high school I graduated from had the highest pregnancy rates in the county and my sister's school hemmed up most stds.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 11:36 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• see i was asking i started having sex at 12 my mom worked nights dad over seas...so i talked to my mom on the weekends tg i could talk to her....some kids cant i feel sorry for them..they dont have the right info...or right equitment and end up preg...and ppl want to bash cuz they didnt know..just that they had sex.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 11:55 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I think the opposite is true. I think we educate them too thoroughly too early. We normalize and accept teenage sex like it is an inevitable fact. They did the sex talk in 4th grade in our school district. 4th grade. How about a class on how to behave like human beings? And how about 6th graders not being left alone in places sex can happen. . .like I don't know, under adult supervision when out?
    Call me old fashioned, go ahead. I don't care, I'm watching out for my little girls butt. Literally. And I'm teaching her to watch it, too.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:57 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• some kids dont have a parent like you tho...lovinangels
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 11:58 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Well I'm sorry for your situation and I'm sure your mom did everything she could. However I would never leave my child alone at age 12 with no education about what could happen. Learn and don't do the same with your little ones. (Keeping in that tradition, one could theoretically be a grand parent by age 24.) I'm not ready to be a grandma.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:00 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• this is the second time i read this question. i left it and i came back to it. i personally i dont have any tweens or teens. i'm 22. and i know when i was growing up. sex ed was taught in 5th grade and every year it seems to get lower for every school. my bil is in 5th grade and he had the talk when he was in 3rd.. what kind of shit is that. i believe that yeah they should have someone to talk to because nto everyone can talk to their parents. i know i wasnt able to and i still cant. i dont have that type of relationship with them, but i did wait till i was 19 to loose mine. i just think that kids now are growing up to quick to soon, their learning things before they should even know about them. i remember being in 3rd grade not even knowing where the hell a baby was born from, but
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 12:44 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• yet my sister who is 4 years younger than me did. weird isnt it? i think its not only parents, but schools, society it self is making it so that our children grow up to fast and idont like that one bit. im scared that soon enough their going to start teaching sex ed in like 2nd grade. and with all the extra hormones our fast food places put in their meat our children are developing alot quicker.. and i dont like that.. girls that are getting their period when their in like 1st 2nd grade what kind of shit is that.. uhhhg.. this topic makes me mad.. i'm done talking ... thank you for reading and listening to my vents! :)
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 12:45 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• i am glad you vented that is y i was talking about helping in 6th grade...*they have sex* so they dont end up preg...and will known the do's and donts besides wait wait wait...sometimes makes it worst...expecally with the extra hormones in the food...will make it worst.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 12:49 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I think that they do need guidence. These girls are usually alone bc mom and dad are at work providing for them. So they go look for love in the wrong places.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Dec. 2, 2008