Have you ever been to the Grand Ole Opry?

mlgrob57

Asked by mlgrob57 at 8:32 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Entertainment

• Yes, but I was like 7 at the time, so don't remember much except that it seemed so HUGE
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 8:37 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• yes, but not on stage.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:53 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• No. We've been really no where ever.. I hoped to go somewhere for our 30th Wedding Anniversary. We haven't had a honeymoon or weekend away ever. But DH lost his job 2 years ago & our insurance . Then I got breast Cancer. So we can't go anywhere. Good luck if you get to go!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:27 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Teeeeeechnically, yes. I was at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel (gorgeous!) a few years ago for the MOPS Convention, and the GOO is part of that complex.

But have I been to a performance there? No. (I did see a Plumb concert, and Matt Redman and Natalie Grant, but that was in the GOH part with the conference)
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 9:29 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• We live about an hour north of Nashville and have never been to the Opry but once, and that has been since they moved to the new Opry House. We have attended a couple of concerts at the old Ryman Auditorium where the Opry used to be held, and they were extremely loud. We also live 30 minutes from Mammoth Cave, and I've never been inside the cave, mainly because I don't do caves. I think when we live close to these national monuments, we tend to forget that they are a really big deal. The Opry was okay, but I've never had a burning desire to go again.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:29 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Yep, when I was 8 yrs old we went on a trip there. We thought it was so cool because they were broadcasting the show on TV... Haha, I hardly remember any of it.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:34 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Yes a few years back.It was fantastic. Then last year the flood hit Nashville and wiped out the Opery. I was in Nashville at the time the Flood hit. The City closed it down due to flood damage. Such a shame, it was beautiful and a lot of memorabilia was damaged and/or lost. I havent been back but I know the City was doing everything they could to restore everything again.
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 9:43 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I've been to the Opryland Hotel and Opryland (the theme park). Lots of fun. The hotel is gorgeous (we just stopped by...I was in 10th grade on an orchestra trip). We never went to the Opry, though.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:49 PM on Apr. 15, 2011