How do pets know?

Our dog chloe is deaf...i don't just mean acts like it...i mean stone deaf! and she knew i was pregnant and started being very protective of me...had to be within eye sight or pitched a fit..and as soon as we brought our daughter home she could tell when she was upset without even being near her...like when she is throwing a tantrum in her crib or basinett...and will come find me if i am in another room whining and pacing and practically telling me "mom something is wrong! come fix it!" it isn't coincidence because its happened too often...how does she know?

Needlesmama

Asked by Needlesmama at 8:32 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Pets

• Animals have a six sense that makes them just know....
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 8:35 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• my cat is the same way, they just know
    Jgreg

Answer by Jgreg at 8:45 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Dogs pick up on body language and emotion very easily. Looks like you have a good dog there. :)
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 8:53 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Animals are far smarter than people give them credit for and understand their environments more acutely, including other living things in it , than their owners give them credit for . If you treat an animal well, it will respond and bond to you. They are living beings and genetically related to us .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 9:46 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• They are much more sensitive with smell - so they smell the change in hormone, the way your body smells different and instinctually know - that is what I think.
    Anonymous

• Sure! If dogs can sense when your about to have a seizure and things like that I'm POSITIVE that they know when you are pregnant
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:05 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Animals r very intelligent and they know. They also can sense danger and they do alert u. We had a carbon monoxide leak and our dogs and cats alerted us!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:36 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• They are very "tuned into" the members of their family. They are very empathitic.
    confused969

Answer by confused969 at 2:28 PM on Apr. 16, 2011