How to get a part time job with a resume of a 14 yr old?

I have a resume of a 13/14 year old. I'm 21 yrs old and the last job I had was 6 years ago. I'm wanting to get a part time job or weekend job. Where do I start?

ChildGoddess

Asked by ChildGoddess at 8:37 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Money & Work

• don't worry about it. apply away anywhere you want. never know who wants someone fresh and new
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 8:38 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Everywhere! Apply everywhere!! No job is to lowly or beneath you. You have to start somewhere. McDonalds LOVES Mom's who want part time work and will work with the hours you want and need. They even offer benefits to part timers.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:41 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• You could try care.com. There are 4-5 job categories there like pet sitter, etc that depending on your area can pay decently. Many are part time. Just one idea....
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:42 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Apply for all jobs you feel qualified to do. We all started somewhere.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:54 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Look for "NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY" and "WILL TRAIN" lol Thats what I did!
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 8:58 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Just because you weren't working doesn't mean you weren't gaining experience. Did you volunteer at church? Little league? Boy scouts? Class room? Organize classroom events? Play treasure? File paper work? Organize and prioritize? Budget? Work closely with a leader to ensure a smooth transition?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:00 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• What are you good at? I would start with that, are you talkative,, perhaps sales, are you into make-up? Counter at a high end department store,, do you love to type? office work,, just go through what you like and what your good at,, and I bet you land a job,, congrats!
    LOL--if your skinny try a diet center,, those places are always looking,
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:08 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• My fifteen year old has a pretty awesome resume!

Stay at home moms have lots of skills that employers value! Skills such as time management, logistics, finance, management, etc. Additionally, you probably have done some great volunteer work and may have had part time or even consulting positions while you were home.
    Start with a great resume; update (or create) a Linkedin profile; let everyone you know that you are looking for a new position. How are your skills? You may want to take a couple of classes at a community college, like Microsoft office (at least Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and a basic bookkeeping class.
    There are lots of great tips in the CafeMom Job Hunting Moms group: http://www.cafemom.com/group/102837

Answer by rkoloms at 9:28 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• From the way your post is written (proper English, no misspellings), I think you'll find something. Apply to places you know and like - you'll do better if you follow your passions. There are lots of places that are busier on the weekends and would love to have someone who is reliable. DH's friend was a manager at Denny's. His big complaint about the people who worked there was that so many just didn't show up for work when they were scheduled. Be reliable, be competent and you'll go far.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 9:05 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I am a sales Consultant for Brown Bag Party. We offer high quality Spa products, Massage oils & tools, Lingerie, Novelty items and Adult toys. Although I travel to do my parties... most of my work is done from my home office. I only do parties on Saturday evenings though. I make 50% commission and make my own schedule. It is a fun way to meet new people and make some extra cash!

For more information on joining my team please
    visit my website BrownBagParty.com/NaughtyNatasha
    NAUGHTYnatasha

Answer by NAUGHTYnatasha at 6:42 PM on Apr. 25, 2011