Is this normal???

When I was pregnant with my daughter, I felt like road-kill for a really long time. I assumed at the time that it was due to my insanely busy schedule. I didn't find out I was pregnant until I was 6 months. The first 2 trimesters I was having normal periods every month. I kept having a strange feeling that i could be pregnant, so I would take pregnancy test repeatedly and they ALL said negative.

mray684

Asked by mray684 at 8:37 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I don't think that's normal..
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 8:54 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Yea it's normal. It happened to my mom when she was pregnant with my brother, she had regular periods and no thought at all that she was pregnant (and that was her third kid!), Sometimes your urine doesn't hold enough hormones for it to read on a pee test.
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 8:57 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I had the same thing happen with my daughter. I found out I was pregnant when i was 2 1/2 months. I went to the doctor and did blood tests and they came up negative until they did an ultra sound to find out that I really was pregnant. My periods lasted till my 4th month and the doctor said with regular watching from her and me that things should be fine and now my baby is going to be 3 next month!
    LovesLife982

Answer by LovesLife982 at 8:57 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• p.s. Everyone's body works different then everyone elses so make sure you check with your doctor if you are worried!
    LovesLife982

Answer by LovesLife982 at 8:58 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• i dont think its considered normal but it doers happen quite a bit just check with doc
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 8:53 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Some women make a different from of HCG that the urine tests don't register. I've heard of this happening before. Should you get pregnant again, the tests would probably be negative again. Some women do have bleeding that they mistake for a period. But to answer your question, it is not normal.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 8:58 PM on Apr. 16, 2011