What is a good cream to use for your expanding belly? I am using cocoa butter for stretch marks. I feel like that is for after pregnancy?

kb81888

Asked by kb81888 at 8:40 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Use cocoa butter now. After pregnancy is too late if you are trying to avoid stretch marks.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:42 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• If your DNA says your gonna get stretch marks NO cream will prevent them. Try not to gain more weight than the Dr says. I hear Udder cream is a cocoa butter base that works well. Get it at Walgreens or CVS or WalMart
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:42 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Cocoa butter works pretty good. It will help soften the skin so when it does strectch will be a little easier. It wont promise no stretch marks but will help for sure. Afterwards if you have any you want to lose or lighten try mederma or bio-oil
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 8:43 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I used cocoa butter religiously when I was pregnant. It made my tummy feel so nice.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 8:47 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I used a cocoa butter-olive oil mix that was amazing!!
    mray684

Answer by mray684 at 8:51 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• i have a feeling i won't get stretch marks. my mother said she didn't get any with all 4 of her pregnancies. just some under her breasts cause they got enormous she said! im a little over 14 weeks, and i just started using the cocoa butter.
    kb81888

Comment by kb81888 (original poster) at 8:52 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I used coca butter through out my whole pregnancy and even after for while too. It kept my skin from getting itchy and it was so soothing especially after a hot shower. Can't promise that you wont get stretchmarks but always worth a try
    sweetpea0614

Answer by sweetpea0614 at 8:57 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• That genetics crap is BS. You have your OWN skin and your OWN DNA. However, I have been using bio oil and it works.
    lizjones

Answer by lizjones at 10:16 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• i weighted 125 when i started and weighted 187 when i delivered my son i used bio oil during the whole time no stretch marks on my belly!!! this time i only gained 19 so far and i have stretch marks i should have used bio oil again but its not that bad like 4 all together and im 36weeks..
    kiya_ma

Answer by kiya_ma at 10:30 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I use cocoa butter and I also use johnsons baby oil gel. I use the gel when I get out of the shower and I'm still wet. It makes you kind of oily but very moisturized.
    roxy27

Answer by roxy27 at 10:39 PM on Apr. 15, 2011