what do you think

Ok i was reading a post about...Young teens getting preg...some ppl are mean saying back in the day...yeah back in the day was long ago...teens are getting preg earler and earler...they feel like they need too...song, tv, and peer pressure...Some teens feel like they cant talk to there parents or any adult without getting bashed..so
do you think starting say 6th grade..yes they have sex...could or should be able to talk to a cancler to help previde them with condoms, birthcontrol, and safe sex tips...since like i said most teens cant talk to there parents.

*I think teen preg will be lowered if this happened*

mama2twins07

Asked by mama2twins07 at 11:35 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Just for Fun

• As a previous middle school teacher- although parents need to talk to their kids about the birds and the bees some like Sarah Palin think that ignoring the topic works! Kids are having sex in sixth grade- for some of you that is still elementary but in some areas that is teenager now in middle school. Whether a counselor or parent teaches them, it needs to be taught in about 4th grade unfortunately. Most kids in fourth grade already know about sex from their friends and are just waiting for their parents to tell them.
    lovetoteachec

Answer by lovetoteachec at 2:29 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• If you question is, "should counselors be able to provide this kind of stuff to children at about the 6th grade level". No, I do not think so. I decided when to talk to my children about sex and how. I think that is a responsible parent's decision. If a child is raised appropriately in a home with morals and values, they wouldn't have problems talking to their parents.
    Anonymous

• but not all kids can...what about a girl being raised by a single father...or mother and father isnt around...or being raised by grand parents
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 11:43 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Not everyone's parents are that open minded. I intend to have an open relationship with my boys, but I know that no matter what happens they aren't always going to come to me. I've already told my husband that once our oldest turns 13 there's going to be a box of condoms placed nonchalantly in their bathroom cabinet and I'll just refill it every week as needed like stocking the tp. No questions asked....I don't necessarily need to know....I just don't want some woman calling me up freaking out because her daughter's knocked up.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 11:47 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Im not sure about this... I had sex for the first time when I was 16! and yes he was my one and only and I married the guy years later! lol!

In 6th grade I never thought about sex. I could barely flirt with a boy much less want to have sex with him. But I have seen very young girls dressed like "you know what". And it concerns me, where the hell are thier parents? Do their Daddy's actually let them outa the house like that! Ahhhh! the list goes on and it all pertains to the parents. So I guess I believe the parents should have the responsiblity. However, I do think that schools and couselors or what have you should provide sex education as well as protection for those very naughty boys and girls that dont have "parents". they need to be protected if they are having sex. So who cares whos supplying it afterall.
    nicholelpb

Answer by nicholelpb at 11:48 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• see i was asking i started having sex at 12 my mom worked nights dad over seas...so i talked to my mom on the weekends tg i could talk to her....some kids cant i feel sorry for them..they dont have the right info...or right equitment and end up preg...and ppl want to bash cuz they didnt know..just that they had sex.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 11:55 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I dont think its about sex education ...I feel its the lack of religion and the fear of parents that lets children think that they can engage in this activity! If people would wake up and see this it would take care of quite a bit. Also, parents need to also realize what is going on in the world. They think that their daughters are home playing with Barbies and Easy Bake Ovens but really they are screwing boys and men and dont see anything wrong with it...I really hope that there is still hope for the youth of the world!
    Anonymous

• Its lack of:

Religion
    Fear of parents
    Single parent homes
    Homosexual Parents
    Parents the work more then see and deal with their children
    Its all moralistic problems!
    Anonymous

• it has nothing to do with homosexuality...they dont do anything wrong infact i seen some of the best kids from homosexuals.
    single parents have nothing to do with it cuz sometimes the love one dies or was abusive...you never know...
    and yes work we have to work to live and prices are outragises.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 12:02 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• i cant say i agree with having the sex talk at a specific age..but i do think parents shouldnt wait so long to explain what it is..and what its all about...im 25 and a single mom, my parents have NEVER had the sex talk with me..and i went to a private school my whole life..i learned from 90210..and thats not even a joke! i used to watch that show with my mom..and thats where i learned it from..all i was ever told was no sex before marriage, dont smoke, dont drink, dont do drugs...i was never told whyyyyy!!!!! and what the consequences would be..and of course if i wanted to talk to my parents, i could..buuuuuuuuuut...i also knew that if i did i would more than likely get grounded cuz my parents would think i was starting to "act out" so yaaa i never talked to them about it..and now im a single mom!!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:31 AM on Dec. 2, 2008