What do you think of extreme couponing?

My DH saw the previews for the show and I think he might have watched part of the show because he keeps telling me to try to do stuff like that. I'm going to try it out to humor him.
I thought of this because I saw another question about coupons. So any free coupon sites will be helpful. So far I have PCHCoupons.com

febmom007

Asked by febmom007 at 9:04 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Money & Work

• I wish I could do it.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:05 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Sounds like something I need to start doing lol =)
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 9:05 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• It is all I can do to clip them out of the newspaper and make a list. I check prices and sales also, but dang those people hard core!
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 9:09 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• My curiosity is definitely piqued. I saw a lady pay $103.00 for $1,200.00 worth of groceries.....I think the trick is to only use your coupons when something goes on sale to get it for super cheap like they do. And I think the buy 10 or 12 papers to get a zillion coupons and stock up to strike while the iron is hot on an item.

I really don't know any good coupon sites, sorry. I know you can go online at Kroger.com now and upload coupons to your Kroger plus card.....that will save a few coupons you'd have to carry around with you.
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 9:09 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I can't stand that show because people seem to be buying way more then they can use. I often walk out of the grocery store paying only 5 for 100 worth of groceries, but it is food that I will use in a reasonable amount of time. I do not have shelves in my basement and garage full of food or stock piles under by bed like some of these women.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:25 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I do not eat a lot of processed foods so it won't work for our house, but I watch in amazement! My husband saw it a couple of nights ago and Mr. Tightwad thought it was unbelievable!
    f1tmama

Answer by f1tmama at 9:25 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• First some of what happens on the show is done for the show. For example stores generally the "same" coupon limit of 2 or 3. This means you can only use the SAME coupon up to twice sometimes thrice per transaction. So they (without the cameras) wouldn't be able to buy 30 some boxes of the same food, because normally they would NOT be able to use the SAME coupon 30 times in the same transaction.

Also a word of advice about uploading coupons to your Kroger plus card for example. You have to use the coupon on the card before you use a paper coupon. And you can't use the coupon on the card with a paper coupon. For example: You have upload to your card a 50 cent coupon for toothpaste, but you have $1.00 coupon for the same toothpaste from the paper. You HAVE to use the 50 cent coupon that is upload to the card and you can not used the coupon in from the paper even though it would save you 50 cents more.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 9:35 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I use coupons and do bogos and sales but I can not afford(no matter how cheap)to buy things I do not use. I also do not have all that stuff stockpiled.
    mollgirl59

Answer by mollgirl59 at 7:41 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I use coupons.com
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 11:36 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• that show is fake. I wonder what goes on behind cameras like how much extra they really pay.
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 11:42 AM on Apr. 16, 2011