Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


Answer Question

Asked by missesshumate at 12:13 PM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Health

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • Has she eaten anything out of the Norm?
    Is she allergic to anything, that you know of?

    P.S. Cute Picture! :)
    She looks like my friends daughter.

    Answer by ProudOhioMom at 12:17 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

  • I would definately consult a Dr. about this... it could be allergies to any number of things... IT could be dangerous because it could lead to anaphylactic shock.. Get her in to see the Dr....

    Answer by pupmom at 12:18 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

  • That's right - hives are nothing to mess with and can come from foods or outside irritants. My daughter has a deadly allergy to peanuts and the first thing that happens when she passes by some is hives. Don't want to scare you, but it is a serious thing. Keep benadryl on hand!

    Answer by treefroggyk at 12:31 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

  • Talk with your Dr. It could be anything from a certain food to your laundry detergent.

    Answer by melnstephen at 12:34 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

  • although no one believes us three people in my family are allergic to the cold.... it could be absolutly anything. If you take her to the doctors they might make her get tested for allergies and that includes like 75+ shots. not to scare you

    Answer by edwinsmom2008 at 2:22 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

  • been allergic to stuff all my life, some are minor irritations some are gravely serious. Make an appt with your Dr. After that sit down and make a list of anything you've changed for about a week before the hives began. Bath soap, cologne, shampoo, dryer sheets. Not just things you use on her...anything that comes in contact with her. Have you introduced new foods? You may have to do a lot of detective work and process of elimination. The Dr will advise as to her dose of Benedryl and they may want you to keep an emergency Epi kit with you at all times. Good Luck!

    Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:56 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

  • My son was ALWAYS gettin hives too!!! come 2 find out he has EXTREMLY sensitive skin....i can only use Aveeno , vaseline or olive oil on his skin as a moisturizer and i wash all of his items only in a baby detergent called Dreft.... i hope this is helpful 2 u... Consult her physician and keep close eye on every lil thing! Eventually u will get 2 the root of the problem :,)

    Answer by mochabeautymama at 2:57 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

  • A good solution is to give your child a powerful probiotic which you can add to their milk or any cold food and this really helps his system be able to tolerate bacteria. Email me for the place to get it! or at cafemom.

    Answer by GarlicMom at 7:47 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.