what do you think

Ok i was reading a post about...Young teens getting preg...some ppl are mean saying back in the day...yeah back in the day was long ago...teens are getting preg earler and earler...they feel like they need too...song, tv, and peer pressure...Some teens feel like they cant talk to there parents or any adult without getting bashed..so
do you think starting say 6th grade..yes they have sex...could or should be able to talk to a cancler to help previde them with condoms, birthcontrol, and safe sex tips...since like i said most teens cant talk to there parents.

*I think teen preg will be lowered if this happened*

mama2twins07

Asked by mama2twins07 at 11:41 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• I think that the schools should offer more. In some schools they only teach abstinence so if a teen is in that school and has parents he or she cannot talk to about sex they will be only "hallway" educated which is not okay! I also believe that girls should be encouraged to use condoms instead of going on other forms of birth control because while nothing is 100% the only thing to protect from STD's is condoms! I had a friend who refused to put her daughters on b/c and instead filled baskets in their rooms and the bathroom with condoms when I found out I thought she was crazy but then she said a pregnancy is the easiest consequence to deal with they need to be more worried about STD's.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 11:13 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• No, I think it will only encourage boys and girls to be more aggressive in initiating sex. I can hear it now, "If you love me, you'll get condoms/bc, she/he won't tell our parents......." "My counselor said you can't get pregnant on the first time........."

I believe this younger generation is overly exposed to the negative things. It's the parents/caretakers job to expose them to the positive ones. Maybe they shouldn't take their kids to 'R' rated movies for one. And do they REALLY need to have MTV available? How about using the parental block? That goes for computer time too. The youngen's let their kids get away with too much, IMO.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• your cancler might have told you that but it isnt the same now... they have new info etc...not all parents are there to shild there kids of bad things so shouldnt there be something to help out.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 12:18 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Well Im 17 and Im prego. But their really is nothing you can do, because teens are going to wanna do the forbidden, If teens really want to have sex then theirs nothing thats going to stop them.. I think when ur old enough to know to spread your legs and give it up that you should haft to deal with the consiquences. i do agree something should be done and kids should be protected but alot of parents arent just going to put their 6th grader on birth control or give them condoms alot of parents arent going to be willing to accept the fact that their little girl/boy is even having sex. and i dont think teachers and councelers are aloud to give kids condoms and stuff. just because its like encouraging it.. i really think that theirs nothing you can really do. ppl will do what they want no matter what anyone says.
    KaylaRoo1991

Answer by KaylaRoo1991 at 12:43 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• that is y i am asking should they be allowed to give these things out w.o telling the parents like going to the clinic
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 12:46 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I think birth control should be readily availeable to anyone who needs it. And honesty it is if you can get to a health department. Parents should be able to talk to their kids about sex but reality check...it doesn't always happen.
    raybell

Answer by raybell at 8:04 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• do you think starting say 6th grade..yes they have sex...could or should be able to talk to a cancler to help previde them with condoms, birthcontrol, and safe sex tips...since like i said most teens cant talk to there parents.

Maybe pregnancies will decrease but what about std's, bc can't prevent stds for that matter ppl still get pregnant on bc. [sigh] The only 100% effective bc is abstinence. I don't know if I want someone rather counselor/nurse giving my child condoms etc. w/o getting my permission. I would rather discuss with my child.
    jinxmom

Answer by jinxmom at 1:45 PM on Dec. 2, 2008