Migraines becoming unbearable!

ive asked for advice before about this but im really concerned! my migraines are getting unbearable! im 16 weeks now and i go for a check up monday! i really wanna let it out at the dr appt and say please help me! i feel somethings not right for me to be feeling like this all the time! yesterday it was migraine,vomiting, dizzy to the point i wanted to pass out! tylenol will help for a short time then come back! i have a family member who works in labor and delivery and she says monitor my blood pressure. could this be it or am i over thinking and over reacting to this!

cortneydmorris

Asked by cortneydmorris at 9:32 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had migraines through both of my pregnancies but nothing ever this extreme. Ask your dr for sure what she would recommend- hope you can find a way to control them:)
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 9:34 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Migraines are awful - had one this morning myself. Thank goodness I didn't get them during pregnancy - I can't imagine not taking something to help it. It's probably your hormones that are the culprit - I guess you could check your BP but I would bet anything it's the strain of pregnancy and/or the hormones. Be honest with your doctor, find out if you have any options - I really understand how you feel - I would have begged, borrowed or stole to get rid of my headache this morning.
    Anonymous

• Botox FDA approved for migrains ( real migrains chronic)
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 9:36 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• You're never over reacting when it comes to migrains (unless you're insisting you have a tumor and you've already been screen and clear of it! lol). Tell your doctor. And as far as pain management I know this sounds sooo weird but it works for me. Take a clove of garlic and chop it into pill sized pieces and take them with water. You'll burp garlic for a while but it should get rid of your migraine. And remember plenty of sleep and caffeine. I know your pregnant but it should help.
    I'm really sorry that you have to go threw this tho. It's not fun at all. I hope your doctor is able to tell you what's causing them tho. They still can't figure out why I have them.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 9:37 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I had migraines with all my pregnancies. Tell your doctor about them. He can give you something to take that won't harm your baby. My doctor prescribed it for me, and all my babies were born healthy.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:38 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Thanks! its hard having 2 other kids that i have to explain this to that mommy is sick AGAIN! my husband works nights so alot of the time im alone with them with these migraines!
    cortneydmorris

Comment by cortneydmorris (original poster) at 9:39 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• i had migraines the duration of my pregnancy (long before, and after too). my OB prescribed fioricet for me, so maybe ask your doctor about that? it was the only thing that ever worked for me actually, every previous med i'd tried never did anything. use small doses of caffeine with tylenol to increase it's positive impact.

i missed a lot of work because of it. a lot. it was really rough, but the fioricet took the edge off enough to make it through most days, and then i could just deal with the really bad days as they came. careful with the dizziness though, my doctor told me that was a symptom of GD. it never went away for me but once i started treating my GD it definitely decreased quite a bit.

be sure to mention each of your symptoms with your doctor. good luck.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 9:46 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• either way id ask a doc to get help for the pain
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 8:51 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• my dr gave me tylenol 3 with codine for my pregnancies. I only took them when I really needed too, but got them often.
    Was told to take it with a little bit of pop.

All my children are healthy. When I was pregnant with my 1st, I NEVER had a headache....that was a weird by wonderful experience.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 8:58 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I had (and hav) migraines. During pg we linked it to food plus the fact that I went cold turkey on all caffeine. Talk to your doc I'm sure he can prescribe something for them. I have to take something called Relpac. I absolutely hate headaches of any sort but a migraine is dibilitating!

Good luck momma
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 8:58 AM on Apr. 16, 2011