I'm just ready to scream.....

My day started fine....then I started missing my son who is in the AF. So I do what I do and bake and clean :) fun i know. I make dinner, my ds ask if he can go to movies; i remember my dh had mentioned wanting to see Conspirator so I ask if dh would like to see that while ds is seeing his movie (he is 14). Sure. GREAT I have a date then he ask "want to include...." oh heck NO. He must have seen my "look" cuz he says nah we don't need them. So we leave 10 mins before the movie is to begin.....I had been saying for 20 mins we need to go, but his PC game and chatting with the aforementioned party on the phone was more important. Then we finally get in the car and his phone rings and it is the same party AGAIN...."umm we are going to movies,,,yeah true. I'll call ya back" sooo to me "do you really want to c this I mean we are going to be late and they are calling for a big storm" So I snap NO lets just drop ds and his friend off and go HOME. "OK". Now we get home and he sits on the couch for 2 mins YES I LITERALLY TIMED IT! His phone rings "yep Im home. yep Ill play" and he is back on the computer!
Believe me I have talked to him ALOT about putting his brother before me. This is a daily ritual with them UNLESS my sil has something SHE wants to do ALONE with bil or SHE has a family function THEN bil isn't ALLOWED to answer my dh calls! I am so sick of it! I am sick of crying EVERYTIME it happens. I am 45 years old you would think I could handle it but I just feel so freakin rejected! If I didn't have to work I would pack my car and go visit my other ds in TX!

How can I get him to HEAR me without sounding like a whiny teenager?

brypmom

Asked by brypmom at 9:41 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• ***hugs***
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 9:43 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• shut off the computer
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 9:44 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• DISCONNECT THE INTERNET!!!!!! DUH! My little bother is a little shit like that too, playing on his computer all the fuckin time and screamin like an animal and being a hermit. Take the internet away and tell him to wash the dishes. Teach the kid some discipline, and get his punk ass outta the house more lol =)
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 9:45 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• It seems some are misunderstanding....it is my HUSBAND who backed out of the movie with ME and is NOW playing a game with his BROTHER on the computer!

I feel shut out by my HUSBAND - not my kid.
    brypmom

Comment by brypmom (original poster) at 9:48 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• wow, your dh is really immature. Is he the same age as you are or much younger? Not really trying to be nosey. I am just trying to picture a 40 yr old man addicted to games like that

Answer by admckenzie at 10:01 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• cut the internet off!
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 10:01 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Seems that the same strategy might work anyway...
    Try to set a date night when outside distractions are not allowed...mainly phone calls from his brother
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 10:01 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• yes he is same age! I have set nights...ahead of time....I have even told his brother it is OUR night....he still interupts. I am tired of saying I am second - hell sometimes more than that. I just love the days he comes home, yells for his boys, then the dogs, then says hey hon didn't see you standing there. Can I jusst go down and crash the monitor on his head then step on his phone?
    brypmom

Comment by brypmom (original poster) at 10:04 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I agree shut off internet either by calling the company or simply unplugging it. I had the same issue of DH being addicted to video games and after a year of trying everything I finally t him to listen but it came from me packing some of my things and telling him I would be back when and if he chose to listen to me and spend quality time with me like he did his games. ***hugs***
    smurfyangel

Answer by smurfyangel at 10:07 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• You are responsible for the quality of your life. You are powerless over anyone except yourself. If it were me, I would get busy and be gone when he gets home. No meals made for him , no laundry of his done- I would strike. No explaination. Go shopping, take your son out to eat, go to the library, out with the girls, get your hair done, anything to keep busy and stay away, when he starts to complaign, tell him when he makes it worth your while, you will be around. Good Luck.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 10:42 PM on Apr. 15, 2011