Restaurant squabble.

So, my boyfriend LOVES this buffet, that is super disgusting. Its a seafood place, and I HATE it, so does everyone else he knows. I tried a couple times to go with him, but their salad bar tastes like fish. Seriously its the WORST restaurant in the world. I recently heard that they were almost shut down bc of rats, roaches and other issues. This place is bad, Im telling you. But he loves it. Anyways, a few hours ago I told him I would go because I had just eaten and would only egt a drink or something. Well, he is FINALLY ready to go, and being pregnant I get hungry quickly :) Now, I really really dont want to go there. Im hungry. I told him that it took him forever to play video games and such, and now Im really hungry, but I just cant eat there... :( He just smiled and said to bad so sad. So, should a be bitchy and put my foot down and demand to go somewhere else? Or do I just suck it up and go hungry for even longer!? ( He will be there for over an hour eating, then we are going to a movie.) Im so sad right now. I even suggested restaurants that are decent that have both foods...

Tarrar

Asked by Tarrar at 10:03 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Food & Drink

• try to hold out for yummy movie theater snacks!! Take your time going to the bathroom and changing into "cuter" pregnancy clothes- 2 can play the game of wasting time to get what they want. The more time you spend at home the less time you have to spend at the seedy buffett. Just think: buttered popcorn, junior mints, pepsi... mmmm....

no reason to start a fight. Hang in there:)
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:07 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Lol...tuff it out babe and eat your heart out at the Movies...Yummy Hott Dogs!
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 10:05 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Keep something on hand to eat, even if it's a sandwich it's something. If you don't like the food, you don't have to eat it. Like someone else said earlier, pull out the pregnancy craving card and tell him that you want something else to eat. Or better yet, tell him you need to run an errand before you go out and get you something to eat before you go to that restaurant. What he doesn't know isn't going to hurt him.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:16 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• movie food costs more than the movies!!! But yea, I am just being such a whiner :(
    Tarrar

Comment by Tarrar (original poster) at 10:06 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• You could always pull the pregnant craving card lol
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 10:19 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• just eat something beofre you leave so you won't be so hungry and let him have his icky buffet
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:24 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• *just- before
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:25 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• just eat something before you go and tell him that its your fast.
    raveinfosys

Answer by raveinfosys at 2:07 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I wouldn't have agreed to go there in the first place... I would have used my pregnancy in my favor if I had to...
    onecuteladybug2

Answer by onecuteladybug2 at 6:35 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• You agreed so IMO you should go. That doesn't mean YOU actually have to eat there. I totally wouldn't do that. Maybe eat first, or eat afterwards.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 7:25 AM on Apr. 16, 2011