Any tricks to get perfect hard-boiled eggs?

DragonRiderMD

Asked by DragonRiderMD at 10:21 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I always place them in a pot filled with cold water. I wait for them to boil and then move the off the burn. I set the timer for 30 minutes and they normal come out just right :)
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 10:23 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Boil for 10 minutes, let cool in water until lukewarm-  then break up shell against counter and peel immersed in water.

LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 10:28 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I do it Rachel Ray's way and won't change for anything - they've never come out bad and always peel perfectly! Put 12 eggs in a 2 or 3 qt sauce pan, fill with cold water to about 1 inch over the eggs. Cover, and put on the stove. Once they're boiling, turn off the heat and set a timer for 10 minutes. When the 10 is up, drain and cover with cold water, sit 5 minutes, drain, cover in cold water. After the 2nd round of cold water, drain, put the lid back on, and shake the pan to crack all the shells - not hard, but hard enough. Add cold water back and let sit 10 minutes. The shells will slide right off with a little help. They're never under or over cooked.

Oh- and don't use fresh eggs - use ones that have been sitting in your fridge for 1-2 weeks.
    Anonymous

• I always boil them for 10 minutes then drain the hot water and fill the pan up with cold water and ice
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 2:46 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• When they start spinning, they are done. It takes about 10 minutes. I put them in cold water and let them boil for a while. Then when they are done, I pour out the hot water and peel the eggs under cold running water right away and put them in a bow til they cool and eat them..or eat them warm.
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 10:33 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Mine always turn out perfect like this- for large eggs, put into boiling water for exactly 14 minutes. Then put them in an ice bath to stop the cooking. Leave them there for about 30 minutes. Store them in the fridge. No gray, and nothing undercooked!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:35 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Every time I want to make the perfect hard boiled egg, I put "perfect hard boiled egg recipe" into google. That's because I always forget how I did it the last time...
    RobotLady

Answer by RobotLady at 11:41 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• before boiling let the eggs come to room temperature !!!!!
    raveinfosys

Answer by raveinfosys at 2:06 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I let the eggs warm up a little bit and then add to boiling water and cook for 15 mins. Then I remove the shell while running cool water over them.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 7:23 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• bring water to boiling place eggs in gently and let boil 8-10 minutes remove from heat and run cold water over them for 2-3 minutes and then peel
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 2:21 PM on Apr. 16, 2011